• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

This is me

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DylansFinest

May 8, 2017
Hi, my name is Dylan, I am 18 years old and live on the beautiful island of Curacao. I joined this forum because of my passion for the ocean. I am a recreational scuba diver with 2 PDIC scuba diving diploma's. I started freediving a couple of months ago after a friend introduced it to me. I fell in love with it and started training holding my breath longer. My longest breath hold in a pool is 3:02 minutes. I don't know how deep I freedive because I don't have a watch to measure my depth. in scuba diving though I have dove a depth of 35 meters. I am always looking to improve my freediving techniques because I never took a course and taught myself everything. Any tips here are welcome. I also am a very active lionfish hunter. Lionfish at very detrimental for the reefs here on my island and I have heard stories where a year ago you could fill a meter long zookeaper with half a scuba tank with lionfish. Right now there aren't as much lionfish at common diving spots since some restaurants started making them a part of their menu.

I'll try to be as active here as I can and learn a lot as well.

cheers,

Dylans

I'm sure you know this but Dylan is a Welsh name and means "of the sea" - perfect name for a diver.

Great job on the Lionfish, I've heard they taste great!

Welcome to Deeperblue! It's good to hear that the lionfish problem is being addressed. There is a lot training info here on the forums. Do feel free to browse, ask questions, and use the forum search function.

Reactions: DylansFinest
Welcome to Deeperblue! It's good to hear that the lionfish problem is being addressed. There is a lot training info here on the forums. Do feel free to browse, ask questions, and use the forum search function.
Will do!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT