• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

This isnt no TUNA , but..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Headlands

Sep 8, 2004
I got this calico in the kelp off of leo carrillio today , good fish tacos.

Feel stupid posting this fish , compared to those monsters miles posted :D

6 pounds is good sized calico bass here , any bigger doesnt taste the best IMO.

Attachments

• c0e6.jpg
    c0e6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 500
Nice looking fish...Mine are generally quite small as well, but you know what they say, pan-size taste better...and they are much harder to hit !

Cheers

Jeff

Good one, chad! We'll see if I can eventually score on one, too.

don't worry man, not all people have chance to access big tunas;)

Its all good as long as you enjoyed the hunting:cool:

Hiya

Nice fish!!! The size of the fish doesn't matter, as long as you have FUN spearing!!!!

The saddest part is that i don't really like eating fish. The only fish i do enjoy eating is fresh Shad (also called elf, tailor, blue-fish, etc scientific name Pomatomus saltatrix). Problem is that they rarely exceed 2kg's and NOBODY spears them in Cape Town. They prefer sandy beaches which are generally inhabited by not so friendly bitey's!!! So if i want to eat my FAVOURITE fish, i either have to go rock and surf fishing or BUY them!!!:waterwork :waterwork

Fortunately, i've got friends whom are commercial fishermen, that go to sea daily, so i normally trade a fresh yellowtail kingfish for some smaller shad!!! yum, yum!!!!!:D :D :D

Regards
miles

Miles, i see your C4 is no longer use since you suddenly become multi rubber wood pole fan, so let him to own new home which will be used worthy;)

rofl nice one murat!
Chad dude, like the saying goes, its not the size of the dog but the fight in him...or somehting like that, plus as long as you are having fun and ultimatly putting food in the table (in a conscientious manner) its all good baby

Nice Calico Buddy!!!!

We dove county line the same day. Nice vis, but not that much quality fish. Saw a good amount of 5+lb calicos though.

Was that fish really 6 lbs??

good job,
Brandon

Reactions: fuzz
WSB he was 5.4 to be exact i just rounded up :D .
Yea the vis was awesome thats for sure , I dive over at County Line sometimes.
Always alone so ...
Did you kayak out there wsbhunter?

Thanks guys , Mishu your so right .

Wsbhunter are you PV_Spearo as well , if so Roger Y rules! I love that guy , so cool.

Hi miles!

thats funny, since the best spearfisher in my area, a friend of mine called phillip also doesnt like eating fish so much!!!

YOO!!!

Headlands,

I usually take out my scupper pro unless the surf is too big.

Yes, I am also pv_spearo on spearboards forum.
I'll tell Roger you said hi next time I see him.

Shoot 'em up.....
Brandon

Im stopping in his shop sometime this week ,,,,new weights
I want to buy Rogers scupper from him.

later , chad

How much is he asking for thar scupper??

Its almost brand new, awesome condition.
Cya,
Brandon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT