• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

This Ones For Groat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

margery0007

Apr 17, 2003
hey mate,

i got your advice on -02 and -c02 tables for use when doing statics, trouble is i dont really know what they are.

whats the theory behind them and where can i get them from?

if ne1else reading this knows, kud u reply as i reckon they will come in major handy!!
cheers

Hi pal!
Heard about those tables for the first time 3 days ago, but here`s what i know:

O2 Table:
It`s basically a row of breath holds with rest periods in between where the breath holds increase by a certain increment every time. I normally do some easy breathing for a couple of minutes with Keith Jarrett:D in the stereo to get calm, then I start to breathe deeper and finally hold my breath for 45secs. After that i rest for 1:30 and hold my breath again (1:15), rest 1:30, hold (1:30),... and so on 8 times (last hold is 2:30).

CO2 Table:
Mostly the same thing, but here the holding time stays steady over the whole workout and resting periods are decreased every time. Haven`t done that one yet, but I`ve been told that it`s made for getting your body used to high CO2-levels...

You`ll need to find out the ideal combinations of holding times, resting times and increments. I didn`t find out myself yet (the O2-thing was crappy hard the first time, little bit though the second time and today it was easy peasy...)

Oh, before I forget it, very nice workout for CO2-stuff: do a breathhold of 30secs ten times WITHOUT resting times. Every rep is one single breath. First 5 are easy, then it gets hard!

++I`d recommend you have a look at freediver.uk. There is some kind of a calculator that helps getting a proper workout...++

I don`t know much about those workouts as I`m really new to the sport, maybe some of the cracks in this forum will help us and correct me if I`m telling you wrong things...
:duh

Think we should start a thread for beginner trainings...

hope I could help you a bit, greets Joe

Last edited:
P.S.:

Check out Derelictp`s (say this ten times as fast as you can:duh ) post on weight training and freediving @ general freediving. Think he`s got quite a good point in (on? English...) that. Thing is, i can tell you a lot of what i think i know, but can`t tell you if my improvements are due to that specific training or just because i now start to get the `feeling` for this sport and its physiology...

Ciao Joe

hey joe,

thanks for the reply, i think its gona be a huge help to me in the next few months. Just went to pick up my fins today, in abit of a freediving frenzy at the moment, definatly got the bug

Post what you are doing and infor for me and ill do the same for u. If ne1 thinks we're doing nething wrong then all they can do is help, and so well improve as beginners!!

ill post as much as possible!

cheers for the info on tables as well

nick

plus,

i think it would be a great idea to introduce a newbie thread for peeps like us and newer, so they know how to get started abit better!

peez,

:cool:
nick

newbie thread

argh, wanted to pass over some karma for this idea, but it didnt work... :martial I`ll try it again later!

Ciao Joe

Yeah, there is a little square in my karma pool. Unfortunately, its a grey one and really, i haven`t the faintest idea why its grey instead of blue... No points this time, does anyone know how this works? I mean you can approve or not, blue or red. Where does that grey come from????

:hmm :hmm :hmm Joe

Maybe grey turns into blue eventually... It`s just not ripe yet!:duh

Last edited:
Reactions: unirdna and Jon
Hey newbies,

I think you're having karma trouble ;) because you have to highlight "approve" or "disapprove" in order to give positive (or negative :() karma. I think grey means that you just wrote something in the comment box without checking your opinion of the post....or maybe you need karma to give karma :confused:.

Also, make sure you sign your name (it's not automatic), or the recipient won't know it came from you.

Ted

Last edited:
Grey karma means the person giving it to you hasn't been on the forums long enough, or have enough posts, to actually give you any points.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT