• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thoughts on first speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bellboy7

Jan 13, 2019
Hi everyone i live in nz learning how to spearfish for snapper and kingi, anyone seen the Epsealon Exium G2 DOUBLE 16MM BANDS, 110cm looks legit ANY THOUGHTS be very greatful for some knowledge, AS IM ON THE EDGE OF BUYING ONE, cheers

Never seen one. If you get it, let us know what you think. Personally, I've stayed with rob Allen for almost 20 yewars; never let me down.

Reactions: prospector
Never seen one. If you get it, let us know what you think. Personally, I've stayed with rob Allen for almost 20 yewars; never let me down.
Hteas, thanks for your reply, yea i think im gonna get a ROB ALLEN 'SNAPPER 120cm double 14mm bands, what do u think, i hope its not to much for me to handle for a first gun

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190123-123816.jpg
    Screenshot_20190123-123816.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Screenshot_20190107-181911.jpg
    Screenshot_20190107-181911.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 272
I done my first 3min static breath hold yesterday, when i started doing apnea tables a couple weeks ago i could only hold my breathe for 1.30 so the tables work

The 120 might be a little long for aq first gun, but that depends on your comfort zone and visibility. With good visibility it should be fine. The choice of 2x14 is a good one. Much easier to load, and lots of power. For smaller fish up close you can load one band.
3 minutes is quite good. Just keep in mind that some days your breathhold will be better than others unless you are diving with a good, trained buddy..

The 120 might be a little long for aq first gun, but that depends on your comfort zone and visibility. With good visibility it should be fine. The choice of 2x14 is a good one. Much easier to load, and lots of power. For smaller fish up close you can load one band.
3 minutes is quite good. Just keep in mind that some days your breathhold will be better than others unless you are diving with a good, trained buddy..
Thanks for the advice, Hteas, i was gonna, ask is u think 2x14 mm rubbers be ok for a beginner to load, But u answered my question already , im thinking of gettung the Omer omr1 dive watch to help with depth, dive times and surface times, can u recommend a good pair of fins and gloves?? Thanks

Personally I mostly use Imersion (French company) for my gear, and that includes their fins. I have wide feet and they fit better than anyone else. Otherwise, try Mako (US company). Both are on-line.

Both work fine. Open is faster and a little easier to reload, but you will get used to whatever you have if you use it.
A muzzle that uses continuous bands and soft wishbones would be a good choice. You will have a little more power and you can make your own when replacement is needed.

Wow $499 for that gun seems grossly overpriced to me. Never shot one but handled it in the store. I would prefer Rob Allen or Pathos over Epsealon any time. I have a wetsuit from Epsealon that I like but some of their gear just seems a bit too gimmicky.

Both work fine. Open is faster and a little easier to reload, but you will get used to whatever you have if you use it.
A muzzle that uses continuous bands and soft wishbones would be a good choice. You will have a little more power and you can make your own when replacement is needed.
Ok awesome open muzzle sounds good, i like the new rob allen snapper, 120cm 2x14mm bands THANKS hteas

Wow $499 for that gun seems grossly overpriced to me. Never shot one but handled it in the store. I would prefer Rob Allen or Pathos over Epsealon any time. I have a wetsuit from Epsealon that I like but some of their gear just seems a bit too gimmicky.
Yea, KODAMA, i just brought a epsealon 5mm wetsuit LABRAX cammo, looks good, I also thought that epsealon speargun was a bit pricey, im pretty sure im gonna, get the rob allen snapper,, i found a app called TRADEINN, THEY HAVE A GREAT DIVE SHOP ONLINE, best prices ever, worth a look, ive just ordered the OMER omr1 dive computer, just looking for a new mask now, need a soft nose piece for equalizing, anti fog be good to as im akways having troubles with masks fogging up

Yea, KODAMA, i just brought a epsealon 5mm wetsuit LABRAX cammo, looks good, I also thought that epsealon speargun was a bit pricey, im pretty sure im gonna, get the rob allen snapper,, i found a app called TRADEINN, THEY HAVE A GREAT DIVE SHOP ONLINE, best prices ever, worth a look, ive just ordered the OMER omr1 dive computer, just looking for a new mask now, need a soft nose piece for equalizing, anti fog be good to as im akways having troubles with masks fogging up
Would you share the impression of the suit in quality and also sizing, Im close to getting their new tactical stealth but sizechart and comments divide.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT