• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tigulio ras90

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Teenspearo225

Oct 13, 2013
Hey guys I'm a beginner spear fisherman.my father has been doing it for years. I use a cressi sl 70. My father also has a tigulio ras 90 that has been leacking and a mares sten. I wanna fix the gun and use because it is a little bigger. We plan on replacing the piston, but I have a feeling it is the inner barrel.Does any one know were I can get tigulio parts including inner barrels. Please help and thank you!

Others will surely correct me if I am wrong, but if the Tigulio is a 13mm inner barrel then you could likely use either Mares, Cressi or Seac.
Maybe there is something about the Seac ones being more prone to corrosion than others as the metal part protrudes into the part of the barrel where it sees exposure to salt water.

But as said, I am sure Pete or others can fill in the gaps.

For now

Thanx this does help. I will look into diameters. But I will also be worried about the back metal part that u pump air into (not sure what is called) may have a different tred so it might leek. And if I get a mares back part it might be too small for handle and leek there idk. I'm no expert!

Pump the gun up, submerge it in a tub of water and watch where the air leaks out from. Unlikely for the inner barrel to leak, the piston seal is more likely to be worn or damaged, in which case you just need to replace it. A Mares piston may be OK as a replacement, pull the piston out of the Mares "Sten" and check the metal tail with the one from the Tigullio gun. The piston nose has to match the shock absorber face in the muzzle, so check the fit there as well. I don't know where you can buy Tigullio parts, a search on the Web is the best way to find the company. The RAS guns used to be sold here by "Land and Sea Sports" and that may still be the case. The nose cone "O" ring seal on the inner barrel can leak, especially if the gun has been pulled apart and the "O" ring pulled over the muzzle screw threads damaging the rubber ring at some time. With no knowledge of a gun's prior history it is hard to diagnose problems, but pulling one apart is not difficult and there is information here and elsewhere on how to do that, it just requires a careful and methodical approach with attention to cleanliness, i.e. no dust, no grit and a clean work surface.

We tested the sl resently like that but we still need replace some o-rings thanx for the info. Does sny one know were to find specs for tigulio ras90 speargun

Perhaps this can help out a bit:

http://forums.deeperblue.com/pneumatic-spearguns/88760-tigulio-ras-mares-handle.html

Also, here is the Tigulio homepage. There is a Contact Us button at the top right. Perhaps email them and ask who the US distributor is:
home

Finally, here is a pic I found on the Italian pescasubapnea forum, I can't recall whose it is, but hope it is OK I post it here.
It shows some different pistons and the Tigulio looks OK, I think in that the metal part is only exposed to the air (and oil) part of the system:

Attachments

• pistons.jpg
    pistons.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm hitting this a little late and hopefully you've already got this figured out. I do not know the Tigulio gun at all so I can't speak to whether the parts are interchangeable. I can say, that much of the Mares parts are proprietary to the Mares line, and also model of gun. Ie: Mares Sten is different than Mares Cyrano. A quick way to tell if they are interchangeable is look at the shafts. Sten uses an 8mm shaft. If not same diameter as Tigulio, most likely the parts will not be interchangeable either. The most common issue with pneumatics is the breakdown of the O-Rings in the barrel. This will allow air and or oil to escape which reduces power or renders them non functional completely. While not a complicated fix, there is definitely a process of how these guns come apart and should be put back together, including oil volume and viscosity etc. There is a point to where it's not cost effective to have them repaired (especially if a service department is doing the labor) as the price to buy a new one could be close.

I manage AK, WA, OR, 1/2 CA, and Hawaii / S. Pacific for Mares. Meaning I travel a lot and honestly I haven't seen a store that sells Tigulio. Finding parts may be a bit of a challenge. Good luck.

Zak

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT