• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Time to lean back..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sideburn

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I`m looking for a place to go to chill out for a week (yes, online a week..) that is not at the other side of the world from Switzerland. Also I am a complete beginner - so don`t give me a hint for a place where the diving starts at 20m ;) Got no drivers licencse so the ocean should be acessible via public transport etc. I`m not looking for huge fish, just want some time for myself and to chill out and study a bit because I`m having exams for Uni from the 08. of February on.
Something nice, quiet, where I can spend a bit of time for myself would be nice. Would be fine with some shorediving as well - as said, I`m not in for trophy hunting but for a good place to start and chill out.
I know thats alot of limitations but I thought maybe one of you guys could help me out?

Have a nice one,take care - and maybe see you out in the water soon ;)

Hello Sideburn
I'm located in Cambodia (the other side of the world) it's a great place to chill out lots of backpackers, cheap accommodation and good food. And more to the point good offshore spearfishing. Just a recommendation

Reactions: Toufiq and Mr. X
Hey Mr.X don't have my phone with me when I go to the islands usually no service so no need for the phone. But if you guys have Facebook check out Koh Rong Spearfishing Club a friend runs the page and he's put up pictures make sure to give it a like if you visit. I have the weights of fish from my last trip if that's any use to gauge.
Queenie 1kg
Sweet lips 2 & 3kg
Barracuda 7.5 (we could round it up to 8 )
Red Snapper 2kg

Reactions: Selenium
I know I am too late to reply to this one. But... I just came back from Greece. I stayed on Crete for 8 days. Great place to chill. Very relaxing, serene even. Of course it depends where on Crete, and it was August, busiest month of the year. I stayed west of Chania, in Tavronitis. We rented the whole house, for about 500 euros, three bedrooms, kitchen, air conditioner etc, the whole works. It was about 500 m from beach. Couple nice taverna's on the beach, about half a mile from each other. Very few people. Nice clear water. I bought new speargun and fins and tested it right there off the beach. If I were to chose a place to chill, and if I lived in Europe, this would be my place, right there. Maybe Kolumbari, or Kissamos, those are even further west. Or Aftrata. Afrata is a small village on the side of a mountain, with majestic view over the shore all the way to Chania. And it has its own little beach, a bit downhill from village. I am sure there are more nice little places on Crete, did not have time to explore, was too busy relaxing and suntanning and spearfishing.

Good to hear you had such a nice time here in Euroland! Greece is awesome in general, I have visitors a lot of places in Greece both on the mainland and and islands, but not yet Crete! [emoji4]

Did you manage to shoot some fish? If so what?

San Andres Island, Colombia, off the coast of Panama. Super cheap, rent a golf cart and have access to the whole island. Great spearfishing and a great dive shop right in town. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT