• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tips for training in a 10m pool?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bjaz

Dec 30, 2020
Hello all,

I'm a beginner freediver (just completed a Molchanovs Wave2 course), and currently have plenty of time to train.
I currently have unlimited access to a 10m long pool, with a wall on one side (1.70m deep) and steps on the others (1.30 m deep in the shallow end), and was wondering if people had tips for training in smaller pool?
Having access to a bigger pool is complicated at the moment with restrictions.

I'm doing DYN and DNF, but finding a little harder than in the larger pool where I did the course. I did 75m with fins and 50 no-fins, but haven't managed to replicate these in the smaller pool, ( poor turn techniques?).

Any tips on how to use the small length efficiently?

thanks!
b

Hello all,

I'm a beginner freediver (just completed a Molchanovs Wave2 course), and currently have plenty of time to train.
I currently have unlimited access to a 10m long pool, with a wall on one side (1.70m deep) and steps on the others (1.30 m deep in the shallow end), and was wondering if people had tips for training in smaller pool?
Having access to a bigger pool is complicated at the moment with restrictions.

I'm doing DYN and DNF, but finding a little harder than in the larger pool where I did the course. I did 75m with fins and 50 no-fins, but haven't managed to replicate these in the smaller pool, ( poor turn techniques?).

Any tips on how to use the small length efficiently?

thanks!
b
Guess the number of turns become an issue. Perhaps perferable to do slow sessions, e. g. 4-5 times as slow as possible ...

Thanks - I'll try focusing on going as slow as possible instead of distance. I've also tried following the walls or the pool in DNF, for a longer swim.

Thanks - I'll try focusing on going as slow as possible instead of distance. I've also tried following the walls or the pool in DNF, for a longer swim.
Hi bjaz, I saw another of your posts where you asked how to close the glottis and keep the soft palate in a neutral position. I just run into the same issue while doing exercises using a balloon. Were you able to find some exercises online to fix it? Maybe you can share some links or info?
I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Training in a 50m pool will build a different type of endurance that is beneficial for both short and long course swimming. In an ideal world, it would be nice for swimmers to train in both a 25m and 50m pool however many athletes have been successful training primarily in one or the other. https://www.pointclickcare-cna.com/

One tip is to focus on improving your technique. Use the wall as a reference point for your turns and work on perfecting your technique while turning. This will help you conserve energy and improve your overall performance.

Another tip is to practice shorter distances with more repetitions. Instead of focusing on long distances, try doing multiple shorter distances with shorter rests in between. This will help build endurance and strength in a smaller space.

You can also try incorporating other exercises into your training routine, such as dynamic stretching or yoga, which can improve flexibility and breath control.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT