• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

to cressi competition owners - metalite lining

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andrzej

aquatic mammal
Mar 30, 2003
hey guys,
How does look cressi's metalite lining??? what color??
Can someone take a photo of his competition interior??
I bought competition but it looks like open cell inside without any lining...
I'm new to freediving and I don't know how does look that lining.
best regards, andrzej

Andrzej,
The metallite lining in my Cressi Comp is grey.
Adrian

How do you like the Cressi suit? Can you compare it to Picasso and/or Elios?

hey guys,
thanks for your answers.
Adrian:
I'm little bit worried. I saw once photos of cressi compet lining and it was gray.
You said that your lining is gray too.
I took photo of my competitions hood and as you can see it's black :|
I don't know what's going on. I attached photo - you can see.

Image002.jpg

Is there anybody on the DB who's Compet's lining is black as mine?????

Noel:
I cannot compare it to Elios. Cressi is my first suit. Sorry, I cannot help you

best regards,
andrzej

Last edited:
I also have a Picasso 3 mm opencell suit, (nylon outside) and it is very warm. I used it in 15C for a couple of hours before I got cold.

I like the Cressi Super Comp very much as well - I can stay warm for 2 hours in 13 C waters. I'm sure though, from what people have been saying, with a custom fitted Elios one could last a lot longer in cold water. I'd like my next suit to be an Elios.

Here are some pics of my Cressi Super Comp, inside out so you can see what it's like. The top is all metallite, hood included, except for neoprene seals around the ankles and edge of hood. The bottom is light blue nylon for above the waist, a strip of thermal piling at the waist and metallite for the legs.

Maybe the difference is because we are talking about two different suits, the Cressi Competition and the Cressi Super Competition? I've no idea what the Cressi Competition is like though. Hope the pictures help.

Adrian

Attachments

• 0_cress_sc_1.jpg
    0_cress_sc_1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 0_cress_sc_2.jpg
    0_cress_sc_2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 151
Thank you Adrian for photos and your time ;).
You may be right - Cressi Supercompetition is a quite different suit (unfortunately discontinued :( ).
But the scubastore description says that cressi competition has metalite lining as well.
I bought my suit in one of polish web shops. I couldn't afford to buy it in scubastore because of shipping costs. But now, since they offer cheap UPS it's not so expensive to buy at scubastore, so my next suit will be purchased at scubastroe :)
Thanks again Adrian for photos.

Is there a person who can make a photo of owned competition???

Im just curious if I bought a fake or cressi changed technology...
best regards, andrzej

Your suit may be a competition - I thought only the supercompetition had the metal lining.

Hey Adrian - what's that big brown stain in the crotch!?!?!?!

:D rofl rofl rofl

Hi Andrzej,
There seems to be an error in the scubastore description of the Competition. It does not have metallite inside, but rather closed cell black neoprene if I'm remembering correctly. I have a Supercompetition like Adrian's, (out of production, replaced by the "Pesca Team" 7mm suit) and it has the metallite inside as well, but a friend of mine here in Toronto got a Competition, and like you say, no metallite on the inside.

All that said, I've heard nothing but good about the Competition, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,
Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Thanks again for your help (first time when I asked about choosing correct size of my suit). I love my competition, but I was a little worried about it. I thought it might be a fake ;).
Thanks again.
Safe dives!
andrzej

Ben Gowland said:
Hey Adrian - what's that big brown stain in the crotch!?!?!?!
:D rofl rofl rofl

A figment of your imagination ;)

Adrian

andrzej said:
hey guys,
How does look cressi's metalite lining??? what color??
Can someone take a photo of his competition interior??
(...)

Hi Andrzej

Good to hear that you're still alive :)

In this very moment a friend of mine is putting an order at scubastore.com - and in the order is a Cressi Competition suit for me. YEAH BABY!!!
I'll email you some pictures as soon as I get the suit. I don't know when that will be because we order some stuff which are not in stock at the moment.

:wave Lodberg

Hejsa Lodberg!! :)
Yes I still alive :) he he
Thanks for reply. I will look forward to hear from you.
I hope suit will fit well.
Med venlig hilsen, andrzej

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT