• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Today's catch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Havent uploaded anything for a while, reason is that i've just been shooting the usual mackerels and stuff and thought it was getting a bit too much mackerel pics on every page hehe.

However i shot something interesting today and thought maybe someone can ID this fish.

From the moment i saw the school of these fish, shot them and retrieved them i changed my mind on species 3-4 times lol.

The body of them is similar to a african pompano or mirror fish. Thinner/flatter than a trevally and shiny. Has a bit of yellow on some parts of the body. The head reminds of a GT but still dont. Have a extreme underbite and a stubby nose.

I got two of them in one shot and they put up a pretty good fight.

Reactions: Woohoo and foxfish
Holy thunderclap Bill, that gun is the Thor`s hammer of spearguns.. Nice fish too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…