• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tom Sietas 8:56

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the link. I also saw the video of his 9 + demonstration static at the AIDA Worlds. Is he letting mouths full of air out over the last minute of his statics?
don

Yes he does. I talked to him about this after the attempt and he said that he was very full of air and when the contractions came this was uncomfortable , so he released some air to make it feel more comfortable. If you look carefull you can see him doing it almost at every contraction a bit.

The only other time i saw him perform was in Berlin and he did the same thing. It does spook the judges though. In Berlin it almost got him disqualified because they thought he had a samba. Now they seem to know he does this and combined with the way he comes up there is no doubt any more.

Hi Everyone,

I was the lucky one who made this picture:)

CONGRATS again Tom

Aniko Hrabovszky

pic6454673.jpg

hey nice picture.. but the judge needs a haircut : )

well done Tom! who's gonna challenge him then?

Sam

have no fear, the bear is watching this one closely...

Deepest Bear vs Tom Sietas - head to head static competition in Eindhoven in December

Tom are you up for it?

lots of love

the Deepest Bear in the World xx

Sam...watch out,

Why a haircut....this was after sitting for ages looking at Tom, you know how that is 8:56? pffff, tough job being judge (makes me want 2 compete....).

Saluti Pim

ps, Deepestbear is welcome in Eindhoven as also on our trip to Dahab..........tell him to get in shape.

Last edited:
deepest bear has packed his bag.. for eindhoven and for dahab...

and he is bringing his hair dressing scissors!!

: )

Sam
x

never mind about the haircut, Pim was my 'lucky judge' for no fin :eek:

Anikó Hrabovszky
AIDA Hungary

Congratulations!

@Tom: 8 friggin 56! Congratulations for such a fantastic achievement!
Gratulation und Glückwünsche von Gerald aus Wien!

@Pim: when are You going to Dahab? I might be going soon. Just drop me a PM.

@allmembers: who else is planning to go to Dahab soon? Drop me a PM.

cheers
Gerald

Last edited:
Originally posted by Florance
never mind about the haircut, Pim was my 'lucky judge' for no fin :eek:

Anikó Hrabovszky
AIDA Hungary

Yep.....for a good new Hungarian record. Also was your judge static. Good results....

Dahab is 28th of Decemebr up to 4th of January.....

Greetz
Pim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT