• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tom Sietas set a new German record in DNF

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
These performances are freakish. I think that maybe AIDA should make a special "excluding Tom Seitas" category so that others on this planet have a chance to set a record. Sheesh ;)

Hi Tom,

I feel like I´m repeating myself...
You are truely AMAZING!!! You are a shining example for everyone to follow.

But the speed Tom... Are you just holding your breath and then letting the current take you the distance :-D

I´m looking forward to see you make it 100% official.

You are wellcome to come to Denmark for training ANYTIME!!!

All my best...
Peter P

Hey Peter,

nice to hear you again... thanks for the invitation (be careful, sometimes I am very spontaneous rofl ). I would love to have another demonstration of your perfect technique... I am sure you can teach me a lot !!! And I might be able to give you some humble advice in breathing concerns... :hmm

All the best, Tom

Fantastic performances Tom....

You can come and visit me in Cyprus anytime you like :D

Merry Christmas

Donna :)

Congratulations Tom!! Unbelievable, BUT, I guessed you would do 220m, so you fell a bit short .... :)

I like the idea of the category 'non-Tom static' and 'non-Tom dynamic'.

For example, today, Mr. X set a new AIDA world record in the 'non-Tom dynamic' category with 205m.... (just a fictional example)...

My congratulations. Simply супер! It would be desirable to see the eyes in February. Vova

Congratulations Tom, really exceptional performance!

You keep us reminded that the "where is the limit" question does not apply only to diving deepest, but also the farthest.

Give us the videos!

Cheers
Vlad

ps. what's Tom Sietas's favourite beer?

Big congratulations again, Tom - simply out of this world. You are making me feel very old. I will go back trying to set Austrian records. (The Austrian No-limits record is 55m).

Frohe Weihnachten und ein ebenso erfolgreiches neues Jahr 2005!

Herbert

Reactions: DeepThought
smellsfishy said:
Isn't 175m no fins a world record ?

By the way, what is today the official world record for apnea without fins ?

On the 19th of March 2005 in Massy (Paris), there will be an attempt of breaking the female world record by Sandra PIOVANACCI at 104 m...

Re: Tom Sietas set a new German record in DYN

MaxDream said:
He got one white card and one yellow card on his performance. One of the judges thought that he hadn't got his heels properly on the wall at the 100m turn. So a 10m penalty (5 points) remains until the judges make a final decision after video analysis. There were spectators who claimed that he did the turn right, and Tom himself said that he didn't feel anything wrong at any turn. Even if he didn't get his heels properly on the wall once, we should keep in mind that it's rather a disadvantage than a benefit because it only decreases the impulse on the push off, but rules are rules.

I confess I do not know the regulations for turning.... If I undersstand well, you must apply your heels to the wall ???

if while turning only the tip of your fins touches the wall, you are disqualified ?

laminar said:
One advantage of doing dynamic fins / no fins with a wetsuit and weight is that you have momentum that lets you glide from the push off and after each kick / arm stroke.

I once set a Canadian record in dynamic w/fins in a 5mm suit and over 15 lbs of weight. Not ideal, but I was perfectly balanced, and could coast.

interesting idea... could you develop ?

Herbert said:
Big congratulations again, Tom - simply out of this world. You are making me feel very old. I will go back trying to set Austrian records. (The Austrian No-limits record is 55m).

Frohe Weihnachten und ein ebenso erfolgreiches neues Jahr 2005!

Herbert

You will never beat the mighty Redl!!
Quote me on this ;)

@Tom
I am really looking forward to meet you in Dellach for some CW training!

Last edited:
Very good truly outstanding performance Tom!!

What i'd like to know is why use wetsuit? I understand weight for more momentum I increased myself from 1kg to 2kg and brought my number of strokes down from 5 to 4. Also the 10kg you wore is it worn all on the neck or some on the body?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT