• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Top 10 Dive Sites

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yanbu Area, Saudi Arabian (Red Sea)
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Dam @ Devil's Lake - Westbouro, Ontario

and I have to add it:

Willer's Reef - Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia

Say hello to the resident Grouper "Sharmoota"

Willer
:D

Go to Turkey

If you like night life go to Bodrum, Turkey. The underwater (and above) life is awesome there. You can do wreck and wall diving.

If you prefer somewhere quite, I advice Kas, Turkey. A lot of underwater history is waiting divers!

Cem

Thanks Cem for your fast reply.How much would a month cost?
You know food,room,diving.
I've always wanted to go to turkey.I colect ancient Roman and Greek coins.What a place to collect coins.
Will I have any problems,becase I'm from the US.Becase of George w and his war.
Thanks again
Al

Last edited:
HAHA HAHA HAHA - Bodrum???

just stay out of the little spearfishing/tackle shop right buy the main warf. (I know there are like 10)

The VERY drunk owner fired the speargun into the wall when I asked him how powerfull it was - that is one CRAZY town.

diving ain't half bad....

Willer

$ info

It will cost around $2000 for everything and $1800 round trip ticket. Don't bother with the possible future war, Iraq officials said they wouldn't touch us (because of economic ties). Besides our and your troops in Northern Iraq are taking care of everything now (source NPR).

How about the Florida Middle Grounds??
Now I only dive here in FL. but after diving the M.G. for yrs its the only place that I need to go......
By the way I hope no one gets worked up about the name, I only take what we will eat.

Last edited:
Middle grounds???

Tell us more.......We are listening............
Give us the run down. Dive conditions,Cost.

It's been snowing here for two days now,it's time to head south.

The Florida Middle Grounds are about 90 to 125 nm off shore from Bayport FL. I have seen 150' of vis and 2 wks ago after the storms it was 50' but 75' to 100' is avg. the temps in the summer 86 ,winter 65 . diving the SO. end is deeper some dives go to 150fsw there are some that are 90 on top 130 fsw in the sand. The NO. end start 80fsw and go 110 in the sand some run deeper but not much. Some days you will see jew fish on almost every dive Caves, cracks that you can swim though ,20 30 &40 ft drop offs lots of life , bugs and I mean big bugs7#+. My best HOG nose snapper went 21#. we do a 3 day trip inc. meals $375.00 + a tip if you do that . The boat is 43ft with a 14 ft beam rides good . you can go to www.jollyrogersII.com for more info.
Every one that dives the M.G. comes back for more you will too.

Last edited:
150 foot Vis.

WOW..........Sounds great.

But I'm looking for a place to spend a month or two.

I've never eaten a 7# bug,are they still tasty at that size?

fiji

I am suprised to see that fiji only appears on this list once, yet i have seen some absolutely amazing stuff there. however some of my top sites are:
1. Tokoriki Island, Fiji
2. Somosomo Reef, Fiji

and

Jervis Bay, NSW Australia

cheers,

motatoca

Richie said:
There is an organisation called CEDAM International (dedicated to marine conservation and education). In 1989 they brought out a list of the 7 Underwater Wonders of the World. These were Palau, Belize Barrier Reef, Galpagos Islands, Northern Red Sea, Lake Baikal, Great Barrier Reef and the Deep Sea Vents.

no matter who you are or where you have experience diving, if you have ever gone diving in palau, micronesia, you know what the number one choice is!

my experience is:
1. palau, micronesia
2. sipadan, malaysia
3. yap, micronesia
4.great barrier reef, australia
5. ambergris and the atols, belize
6. lembeh, manado, raja ampat, indonesia
7. layang layang, malaysia
8. red sea, egypt
9. several islands in greece
10. cozumel, mexico
andaman, phiphi, thailand

Richie said:
There is an organisation called CEDAM International (dedicated to marine conservation and education). In 1989 they brought out a list of the 7 Underwater Wonders of the World. These were Palau, Belize Barrier Reef, Galpagos Islands, Northern Red Sea, Lake Baikal, Great Barrier Reef and the Deep Sea Vents.
well, although that is an old list, you can definitely see which sites have withstood the test of time. i would definitely say that five of those seven are some of the best dive sites in the world.
no matter who you are or where you have experience diving, if you have ever gone diving in palau, micronesia, you know what the number one choice is!

my experience is:
1. palau, micronesia
2. sipadan, malaysia
3. yap, micronesia
4.great barrier reef, australia
5. ambergris and the atols, belize
6. lembeh, manado, raja ampat, indonesia
7. layang layang, malaysia
8. red sea, egypt
9. andaman, phiphi, thailand
10. cozumel, mexico

Last edited:
Interesting question at the very least........I'd add Cayman Islands and Hawaii during the whale migration.

Happy Diving

My underwater experience, albeit limited with respect to this audience, tells me Hawaii, Moorea, and Bora Bora should be among the top 10 without a doubt.

Not really Diving as such but the Great Whites in South Australia is a good rush, and one of those gotta do before i die things.

Gentelmen, My wife and I are planning to visit Florida around March to do some Recreational Diving. Do any of you have any suggestions for some awesome dive locations/ Charters/ Smaller Live aboards? "We prefir to stay away from the underwater traffic". If anyone can recommend a resort/ resort dive destenation, we would really appreciate it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT