• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

"TOP GUN" freedive only tourn this june

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

normanhghntr

Dec 10, 2004
Hello There Everyone!!

Hurricane Hole Marina is hosting the International "TOP GUN" freedive only spearfish championships this June 10, 11, 12, 2005 in sunny Key West Fl.

eight catagories, Grouper, Snapper, Hogfish, Tuna, Dolphin, Wahoo, Makeral, Cobia. ill be posting the rules and regs as soon as i have them!!

With the first ever night time underwater sharpshooter competition in the marinas Harbor!!!!

Freedivers only, tanks are :ban

Hey ... correct me if I am wrong, but did I see Dolphin in the list of categories? You mean Dolphin like "Dolphin" ... I trully hope I am wrong on this, cause if there is a freediver able to shoot and kill dolphin id start to feel quite sick :( ....
Please tell me its just some kinda missunderstanding on my side ....

Iseethestars:
''dolphin'' means mahi mahi, dorado o perico, a pelagic fish.

See the stars now? :)

Cheers,

Roberto

WHEW! the whole dolphin thing had me a bit worried as well!
glad to hear its not reals dolphin, that would have been quite horrible

-rory

here in florida they are known as dolphin fish, in south america and central america , dorado, and in the greater and south pacific, mahi-mahi thanks! :martial

Pheeeew :)
Thank you for making things clear .... I am not really big fan of spearfishing anyway, but I think it get quite fair when going for big or fast fish on breathhold .... but really seeing Dolphin on the list made me scared ...
Well ,,, yeahh ,, I see them again now .... :)) Thank you all

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT