• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Top Notch Clinic!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Octo

DancinLikeNo1isWatching
Apr 17, 2001
Angus has suggested I post this thread regarding the Performancefreediving Clinic I attended last weekend. I did not plan on posting this because I want to respect the non-commercial aspect of this forum.

Discaimer: I am not getting paid for this because Kirk and Brett can't afford to pay me to pitch for them due to their prices being so reasonable for what they provide. Seriously.

I state the following out of my deep respect and admiration for what Kirk Krack (pronounced Krock) and Brett LeMaster (pronounced LeMaster) are doing:

I went to this clinic to get information on safety and techniques to help me improve my diving abilities. In four days I went from 2 minutes static to just over 4 minutes and from 70ft to 105ft constant ballast. I stopped at 105 due to sand (we needed to stay in a somewhat shallow cove to avoid the 8ft swell turning everyone green). And I now know that I can go farther.

This August, I will be competing in the AIDA regionals and hope to do well in the constant weight competition. I am seriously considering repeating this course in August so this information can be tatooed on my brain. Kirk and Brett taught me basic and advanced techniques for proper diet, breathing, dive form, underwater rescue, and relaxation needed to begin to Master this wonderful sport.

Did I mention the caliber of my fellow students was humbling? I met a number of spearo greats, long-time freedivers and quality people who are passionate about improving themselves. I have dates to dive the next two weekends with a number of these people and hope to develop long term friendships.

Kirk has trained many of the top freedivers on the planet. Watching him dive with grace, power and ease was inspirational. Kirk is currently training a newbie from florida who has already smashed the static apnea record during training sessions and has only to certify the record with AIDA.

Brett is a quietly powerful diver and trainer who made the Clinic fun by hamming it up, which helped me to focus on doing the exercises effectively (and not dying from boredom in the classroom). Oh, and he holds the US constant ballast record to 267ft.

In short, if you want to get past your current performance plateau, do this training. More info @ performancefreediving.com

Respectfully,

Octo

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT