• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trade my Denton 120cm for Denton 110cm

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Markalongo

Apr 2, 2016
Hi!

I have a Denton "120cm" (132cm bandstretch, overall 147cm) and am interested in trading for a Denton "110cm"(120cm band stretch, overall 137cm).
e60b883f04185a89fc6d559e980c87cc.jpg

Cheers!
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might consider it. Where are you located? I just bought some stainless shafts for my 110. What shaft or shafts come with your gun? I have an aftermarket butt paid on my gun. Do you happen to have one? And I've installed a stainless loop on the side of my gun to keep the line away from the slings. Does your gun have something like that?

The more I think about it, the less I'm likely to trade. :)
abbelanloop.JPG
dentonpad.JPG

Hi Bill,
I am in Hawaii. In any exchange I would make it be as evenly matched as possible, using gear or money to balance things out.

Butt pad is important so if you wanted to keep it/sell it (if it's permanent) that's fine. I do need to create/buy one for sure, as an inch would make loading nice with those 380% bands [emoji3]

I have 2 x 8mm Hunt Technologies shafts which are some of the most amazing shafts out there, recessed flopper, rest tab... Also have 2 reverse mech Rob Allen 7.5mm which I don't like because the pins are as thick as mono and no rest tab.

What shafts, the company, diam, length, did you buy? How much did you pay for them?

My friends and I have never had a band tangles without a side loop (even when shooting 3 wraps with 250lb mono). I don't use a break away system which is what I see most people use those on.

I shore dive and have some nice scratches on her. So I would figure the cost/energy to cover those up unless yours has similar.

If you your fish aren't doing football blitzes and you want a little more range or punch then that would be the reason to trade.

Hi Bill,
I am in Hawaii. In any exchange I would make it be as evenly matched as possible, using gear or money to balance things out.

Butt pad is important so if you wanted to keep it/sell it (if it's permanent) that's fine. I do need to create/buy one for sure, as an inch would make loading nice with those 380% bands [emoji3]

I have 2 x 8mm Hunt Technologies shafts which are some of the most amazing shafts out there, recessed flopper, rest tab... Also have 2 reverse mech Rob Allen 7.5mm which I don't like because the pins are as thick as mono and no rest tab.

What shafts, the company, diam, length, did you buy? How much did you pay for them?

My friends and I have never had a band tangles without a side loop (even when shooting 3 wraps with 250lb mono). I don't use a break away system which is what I see most people use those on.

I shore dive and have some nice scratches on her. So I would figure the cost/energy to cover those up unless yours has similar.

If you your fish aren't doing football blitzes and you want a little more range or punch then that would be the reason to trade.

When I stop and think about it, some shafts that I just bought are for my Albacore 130. But for the 110 I have a South African plated shaft with recessed flopper, a 5/16" stainless threaded shaft stepped down to use a 9/32" slide ring and with rest tab that was made to my order by Masahiro Mori, and a 5/16" staggered flopper shaft with rest tab from
GR Tarr at Red Tide. I've used slip
tips for 20 years since my main target is White Sea bass and they have soft flesh, but recently decided to use floppers for yellowtail. I used to use reels but now use nothing but breakaway, so those stainless loops are handy to keep the float line from pulling the bungee sideways off of the line release. My Albacore 130 came with an 8.5 mm threaded shaft stepped down to 8 mm, and I agree that it's a very nice shaft. In fact after seeing the line hole in the rest tab I drilled holes in the rest tabs on my other shafts.

That butt pad is sure a lot more comfortable than the original and as you said, makes it a lot easier to load the bands. I put one on both of my guns. I think it cost about $35 shipped. I got it from Carlos Ruiz at draginfly1972@aol.com

I'm sorry to have gotten your interest, but the more I think about it I think
I should stick to my 110 for maneuvering in the kelp and poor visibility. Then for clear open water I have the Albacore 130.

Last edited:
When I stop and think about it, some shafts that I just bought are for my Albacore 130. But for the 110 I have a South African plated shaft with recessed flopper, a 5/16" stainless threaded shaft stepped down to use a 9/32" slide ring and with rest tab that was made to my order by Masahiro Mori, and a 5/16" staggered flopper shaft with rest tab from
GR Tarr at Red Tide. I've used slip
tips for 20 years since my main target is White Sea bass and they have soft flesh, but recently decided to use floppers for yellowtail. I used to use reels but now use nothing but breakaway, so those stainless loops are handy to keep the float line from pulling the bungee sideways off of the line release. My Albacore 130 came with an 8.5 mm threaded shaft stepped down to 8 mm, and I agree that it's a very nice shaft. In fact after seeing the line hole in the rest tab I drilled holes in the rest tabs on my other shafts.

That butt pad is sure a lot more comfortable than the original and as you said, makes it a lot easier to load the bands. I put one on both of my guns. I think it cost about $35 shipped. I got it from Carlos Ruiz at draginfly1972@aol.com

I'm sorry to have gotten your interest, but the more I think about it I think
I should stick to my 110 for maneuvering in the kelp and poor visibility. Then for clear open water I have the Albacore 130.

If you have an Albacore and the the 110cm it's good to keep both. The 120cm is good all around. Happy Hunting and thanks for the loading pad info! [emoji3]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT