• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Training day!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
just a few more days.... is there a spot that we meet at ??? i can't wait.

can any one bring extra lead ?? i only have 16 lbs didn't have enough money on me to get more. if yes i just need it for the weekend :)

Just come to Twin Lake- it's small and you'll find us. I'll be there about 9AM or so. My cel: 780 709-5051

oh man just found out its 6 hours of driving .......... that sucks hard

No sweat bro, you as stoked as me? Im counting the minutes dude

Madprops maybe you could drive up Friday and camp? It's 20$ to camp there. What time would be good for you? We could make it later if you are driving up Saturday morning.

yea man i'm so pumped i went solo diving 3 days ago. looking for a cooler my friend droped and i had a blast and i found the cooler the water was cold and i didn't have a wet suit but i found the drinks :)

9 is fine ill drive up friday and hang out at my dropzone so it will only be like a 2 hour drive.
also does any one have string i can tie on my spear?

lets go time move faster

also does any one have string i can tie on my spear?

I have lots of 200lb line- I'll need to buy some crimps though. Mainly we'll be doing some line training up and down, safety stuff, perfecting techniques etc. After that anyone that wants to go hunting can :)

I wanted to make you guys aware that the AUC is hosting an event at Twin that day. You may want to get in there really early for parking/camping spots. Unfortunately the visibility will likely be decreased from the scuba guys. That shouldn't matter for line diving though.

I am working this weekend, so I can't make it. Hope you guys have a great time.

lee

Here is the memo from the AUC:

Reminder for Alberta Divers: Wing Diver Club Welcomes all
interested divers from across the province to come out & dive the upcoming
"TWIN LAKES TREASURE HUNT & Lake Cleanup Event" SAT, JUNE 20th, (South from
Edmonton on HWY 2, West on Hwy 13, 15 min past Pigeon Lake - but just before
Winfield, click on link to map pdf below, or Google it) Registration: 9 am
- 10 am, Dive Safety Briefing: 10 AM Sharp. INCLUDES 3 DIVE EVENTS w/TREASURE
HUNT, NAV Dive, Mystery Dive, & Souvenir T-SHIRT per registrant, PLUS UW
& SHORELINE CLEANUP & BBQ LUNCH, PRIZE PRESENTATIONS at 4 pm, followed by
BBQ (bring your own meat) Fixin's provided for those who wish to stay or if
camping. SUNDAY: Father's Day Pancake Breakfast plus free day - choose your
own activities - dive and/or relax at the lake with family/friends. Cost:
DIVER (individual): $20, DIVER W/BUDDY: $40, FAMILY: $40 (2 participating
adults, 2-3 kids), additional meals tickets for adults: $5 or 3 meals for
$10 (Sat Noon Lunch, BBQ (5-6pm) & Pancake Breakfast, (Sun 8:30 am-9:30 am)
for those staying overnight.

Last edited:
well ill be there as early as i can then. did i see a bbq whoooo theres lunch...... i dare anyone to say i'm not a scuba diver lol

Thanks Lee, sorry you're not coming though. The spearing might be on the down-low then... in any case we'll go in on the far end away from the dock. Darcy when you come to Twin, turn off the highway and you'll drive about 1km down gravel to the lake... take a left as soon as you see the water and you'll find us at the parking lot by the tiny sand beach.

will do!!!! so i'm guessing i should not drive by waving my spear gun :blackeye

should i bring a coal BBQ ??

and what can i buy so fish won't taste well umm really fishy lol

i hope there will be lots of perch :martial

Fresh fish doesnt taste fishy! We'll have a gas stove to cook with and spices for the fish.

starting the drive

if anyone has an extra handle to help load an air powered speargun please bring it i can't find mine :-(

Well that turned out rather nicely! We spent an hour diving on the line then a few hours hunting. Darcy drove the 6 hours and was really proficient in his new gear. Sherri hit a new depth and Gates was smooth as butter in his entries. Everyone hit some PB's (except me lol) on the line and hopefully learned a thing or two.

I managed to big a couple of fish that will be battered and fried promptly! The new Beuchat Carbon is amazing.

The Immersion computer failed on its second weekend, even after new battery and resetting, so Jim's sending me up a replacement- thanks Jim. I was happy to see two 130 metre dives registered in the 35 metre lake!

Darcy if you find some good fish spots down South let us know and we'll come for a visit :)

Erik

i'm going to check out a lake tomorrow. ill tell you how it goes. and yea i learned alot. thanks for letting me use your gun. i have mine all set up now thanks to gates :blackeye

tomorrow i'm bringing a BBQ and no food so ill have to catch something rofl

thanks again guys for the great time!!

do you know anything around calgary maybe for next time:t

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT