• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Training for my Freediving course

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Tim
When did you go on this little adventure? Sounds like all that training is paying off! Looks like the season is over except for those stray calm winter days so you should be super prepared for the spring...unless you go with Marcel and crew to vinice:cool:
Anyway keep up the good work...represent us southerners on the gulf
;)

andrsn:
by no means was i referring to you, DT. not at all. i'm not that calous. i'm just trying to get accross the whole "reasons" for taking courses. you're just helping us get to that point.
Oops, then it was me putting words in your mouth.:eek:
Sorry man, happy to be an example... I think....:confused:

and for all of you who threw negative dives to the conversation:

Jim asked me how deep I intend to go, I said hopfully till bloodshifts.
The question (as I understood) and the answer were reffering to my freediving course, not to my training.
I tried only once or twice diving with almost empty lungs (for a few seconds), and it felt strange enough for me to understand that I need a buddy for that.
I don't do things that feel strange (stranger than normal freediving within limits) without a buddy. I don't even preactice bubble rings without a budy since it also feels strange empting my lungs at depth.

10x Jim, I already read Eric's document about Frentzel, and took a try at it. I still need to practice on making the soft pallate nuetral, after that I'll try to do that inverted, hopfully I'll master it in time for my dives.

TMcKee:
Good luck on your trip. Does this school have a website?
:) 10x.
It's not exactly a school, since there is one instructor, named Erez Beatus, who is a former unassisted-cw record holder. Aside from that he also trained with and took clinics from Umberto Pellizari, Pipin and other world famous personalities. If you wanna do a freediving course in Israel (Eilat is on the red sea), he's the man. :)
He does Basic 4 day coruses for 2-4 students, and also advanced courses, that I don't know anything about.

The reason for this long introduction is that the website just looks awfull, :eek: and I'm not sure you can draw much information from it.
The site's adress:
http://www.freediving.co.il/
Erez's E-mail:
waterboy@012.net.il

Btw, I practise clearing also when I'm not diving.

Late answer

so mithochondrias are needed for aerobic activity but not for unaerobic?

Yes Michael, the mitochondria is the place of oxidative glucolisis (the most efficient way to produce ATP), without oxygen they don't work and we use anaerobic pathways.

About the empty lung dives, is good to say again, that must be practiced with a partner. I started with a normal exhalation and going not so deep (1 meter) as long as you feel comfortable, make it deeper and with reverse packing.

Anderson,
I want to know how the clinic was overall. I want to go, but I just can't find time for it. Did the course benefit you? If so, in what ways?

Rigdivr,
I did a bit of "freelance" offshore work before I went inland. I was on a salvage job with a company that actually, is based in the river most of the time. We were salvaging a crane that rolled off the damn barge it was on. I hopped in the water and after they switched me over to my bottom mix I shot down and I didn't even touch the damn downline. I hit bottom, shot a pneumo and I tell you what...That damn crane was sitting on bottom exactly as if it were on the barge. Clear water allowed for a quick salvage. That was about 6 years ago.

Tim

tim,

i think it all depends on your current level. i've been to a few different clinics now and have molded my own theories on what works best for me. i think tanya's greatest gift is inspiration. i've never met anyone who's so into what they do. :)

the only downside to her clinic in austin is that the amount of actual time freediving is limited because of the conditions in lake travis. :(

but, i did come away w/ a headful of "new" knowledge, but that was also my first course.

cheers,
anderson

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT