• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Training routine - suggestions please

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

portinfer

Aquatic shopper...
Jul 3, 2003
Hi
I haven't been in the sea since late summer...oh dear. Anyway last year was the first time I started to get into freediving and spending more time under water rather than just snorkelling around in the sea here (Channel Islands).

Now that the sea is starting to warm up (about 8 to 10 degrees now - yes, still brass monkeys but warming up slowly) I feel the need to get freediving again.

Normally I just go out into the sea for an hour to an hour and a half once in the morning and maybe again in the afternoon, perhaps 3 times a week. But now I feel like training a bit harder.

I read a thread here about dry static tables and tried it yesterday.
(the oxygen tolerance one : 2 min ventilate. 1 min hold. 2min vent. 1:15 hold up to 2:30) I tried it at work at my desk and got to 2:30 without too much effort. I tried it at home in the evening whilst lying down and got to 3:15.

How many times is it recommended to do this a day ? Should it be combined with other dry tables such as a walking apnea and a co2 tolerance table ?

Also can this be combined with wet training ? ie would a suitable training routine be something like this :
1 - morning dry static table to 3mins or so
2 - late morning hours freediving to medium depths (for me this is about 30 feet)
3 - afternoon hours freediving/snorkeling to shallow depths (ie more time finning on the surface and depths to around 20 feet)
4 - evening walking apnea table

??? or would this kill me !

Trying to get a handle on finding a suitable training system.
The only other thing I do is cycle alot.
Anyway advice would be gratefully received - cheers

Any suggestions on training responsibly ?

Is it dangerous to do multiple static tables ?

What is a safe level for a beginner at the start of the season ?

Looks fine to me, especially the diving part. You should get better real fast. I think by the evening apnea walks you will be pretty tired.

Training responsibly: none of this stuff is dangerous as long as you have a buddy in the water. Multiple tables might make you overtired.

There are lots of other training techniques discussed on various threads, read'em and pick what you like. Usually the best training is diving. Just remember a buddy.

Connor

Thanks Connor

I have read a few posts but was interested in the finding out about the dry statics and so on - I'll go off and read some more on walking. Might just stick to alternate days of wet freediving and dry tables in the garden. Cheers

I seem to recall the instructions that were with the training tables I got said not to do more than one of them per day. Gave some reason related to nirtogen levels returning to normal or something to that effect.

Nitrogen levels at surface? I think not. :)
It was probably an advise against over training yourself.
one table a day sounds enough to me - if you do it hard enough.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT