• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Training tables..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ickledevil

take a breath and relax..
Apr 26, 2001
Hi all,
Bit of a quick question ive recently come across a couple of threads on here about training tables (static apnea specifically) and ive downloaded one, my question is whats the principle behind them and how do you use them? Also is there a dynamic apnea version or is that not feasible.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

Hey Joe,
The prinple behind the static tables is to either build up a tolerance to low levels of oxygen or high levels of Carbon dioxide depending on the tables your using.
dive safe
Cali:D

Cheers, I take it this is done via following the set hold and recovery times on the table? Are there any dynamic training tables? and is there anyway of converting your static time into likely dynamic time or is this too big a leap?
Cheers Joe

Yes, the static table I've used have a set hold and recovery time.
I don't know of any dynamic table. We would just practice by starting off with short lengths, and increasing the lenght incrementaly as our comfort increased. ( small steps ) . You'll find that if you increase your lengths ( or if practicing constant ballast, your depths ) by 1ft increments and keep the results positive, your lenghts/depths will improve. If you try to make large increments, say 5 to 10ft, your more likely to push your limits too quickly and suffer a LMC or BO. These are the 4 rules/guide lines I follow and teach (1) never dive or practice in-water breathholds alone (2) follow the 1 up, 1 down rule ( only 1 person at a time doing a hold/dive ) (3) stay within your limits and don't let peer preasure be a factor in any dives (4) dive incrementaly (baby-steps ). Hope this helps you a bit.
Happy New Year
Cali

Thanks a lot.. that makes things a bit clearer for me. Good luck and happy new year.
Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT