• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jessemccubbins

May 20, 2002
I am going to start freediving this summer and I would like to know what kind of training I should be doing. I am 15 and I am a lifeguard so I have access to the pool anytime. Today I held my breath for 1min and 22sec. underwater, is that good? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jesse

Welcome to DB

Look at the past posts they should answer all your questions. See you around!

Last edited:
Breath Hold Time

First off welcome to DB.

Secondly I hope you're not trying that unsupervised:naughty
Free diving and statics (what you were doing) are very dangerous and shouldn't be done alone.

Kevin is right about checking out past posts on this site. There is a lot of info here.

It's good to see you interested. We need more young folk here on the forum and in the water. Keep up the good work.

Your times are fine.;)

DSV

I agree with DSV on all points. Use the "search" function at the top: punch in "static", and start weaving your way through the info. Lots of good info from nice people :)
Feel free to ask specifics, etc too.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

jesse, welcome,

i am also 15 and into freediving here is my advice (for what its worth)

1. do lots of running and swimming and biking (anything aerobic, keeping your heartrate at about 70-80% of max, for you about 150-180 (just an estimate)

2. get comfortable in the water (being a life guard this shouldnt be difficult) also get comfy with your head below water

3. have fun

4-1000000000000. GET A BUDDY

that should have been number one, damn

would you by any chance be in ontario? (i am looking for a buddy..)

good luck

north carolina

sorry, im not in ontario. however, i am in north carolina even though that does no good to you. if there are any other divers out there in nc then let me know, i would love to have someone to train with. my aol sn in McCubbinsRun555 and if any of yall have one then please let me know. thanks for the advice, jesse

Hi Jesse, maybe fill in a little info on your "Profile" page, and that will help get you chatting with other divers.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT