• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Traveling to the Azores

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

OMER75

Apr 3, 2010
I will be traveling to theAzores(Faial) in June.I am wondering about spearing regs.and how difficult is it to get my speargun there.I will be traveling on SATA airlines.Any ifo will be great.Thanks..Obrigado

You can find post like this & many others if you use the search button...
I have been there this year in April - you do need a license ($10 Euro/month, ask in the administrative building - I received some contradictory info about where to get it on the island of Faial but found it).
Go to Azores | Whale Watching, Scuba Diving, Fishing Tours, Boat Tours | Faial and Pico and ask there. Norbero himself (the owner) spearfishes and knows the spots. In general it is best to go late summer and be taken by boat to pinnacles to get pelagics. Off the shore you can get mullet, dentex, maybe amberjack. Water temperature will be around 17 degrees and in late summer the water should be very clear. I did hear about the groupers, too. I believe you can not have more than 5 fishes on you at any time but verify locally

Thanks for the info.I also read that if you are visiting you do not need a license ,is this true?What about getting your gun there?How did that turn out.

You can find post like this & many others if you use the search button...
I have been there this year in April - you do need a license ($10 Euro/month, ask in the administrative building - I received some contradictory info about where to get it on the island of Faial but found it).
Go to Azores | Whale Watching, Scuba Diving, Fishing Tours, Boat Tours | Faial and Pico and ask there. Norbero himself (the owner) spearfishes and knows the spots. In general it is best to go late summer and be taken by boat to pinnacles to get pelagics. Off the shore you can get mullet, dentex, maybe amberjack. Water temperature will be around 17 degrees and in late summer the water should be very clear. I did hear about the groupers, too. I believe you can not have more than 5 fishes on you at any time but verify locally
Hi there

Do you have contact details for Norberto (the owner) as I need to sort out prices for my budget to go spear offshore there.

Cheers

Geoff

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT