• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Travelling with Ryan Air - spearguns allowed or not?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Savagedragon

May 24, 2019
Hi all
I just booked a flight with Ryan Air, thinking they would allow spearguns like normal reasonable airlines. However I've heard from one forum member claiming that Ryan Air's policy doesn't allow harpoons or spearguns onboard.
Anyone who has travelled with Ryan Air before can chime in on this issue?
Can I travel with my spearguns?
The flights are already booked and are non refundable unfortunately

Hi Savagedragon,

i did fly with Ryan Air and my speargun in my bag. It was disassembled tho. If you declare it as fishing equipment it should not be a problem (if someone asks what is in your bag). I will also travel to spain again in 2 weeks and i am planing to take my speargun with me.

Everything is fine, I just got back from Algarve Portugal. Ryanair doesn't really scan your luggage. It's the airport security who does and they don't really care about spearguns from my experience.

Reactions: Back2Narnia
Can also confirm Ryan Air and a Speargun is not a problem...just declare it as fishing equipment. I used a sports tube and the sports luggage option for my speargun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT