• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

TRE (Tension release exercises) feels great

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

The-Pupil

Aug 24, 2015
Hi Guys,

Since relaxation plays an important role in freediving I wanted to share a bit of information about TRE.

A friend of mine who does triathlon was very enthusiastic about this technique.

You can easily learn by doing with a little bit of help from Youtube or books. I learned it by watching a few video's and it a great way to release stress that you build up into your body or has been build up during your life.

Personally I have back pain and knee issues for quite some years and never got rid of it. With TRE I was able to loosen up my Psoas muscle which gave me much more movement and eases the pain. Also my shoulders are more flexible. I feel more energetic during the morning (although i did start with cold showers since last week) and feel rested when I wake up. And it is just a great way to relax

real short description:

TRE® (Tension, Stress & Trauma Release Exercise) is an innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension and trauma.

Since this shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behavior as humans, everyone can benefit from TRE. This shaking of the muscles, increases the resiliency of the body because it causes deep relaxation that naturally reduces stress levels. It can release emotions ranging from mild upset to severe anxiety whether it is caused by work stress, excessive worry, conflict in relationships, physical stresses or traumas from accidents.

The full instruction DVD free to stream or to download:
http://www.4shared.com/video/lir1J5Jc/david_berceli_-_trauma_releasi.htm?locale=en

Their official site:
https://traumaprevention.com/what-is-tre/

I am really enthusiastic about this and just wanted to share the info for anyone who thinks it is useful, wants to relax or wants to try something different.

I am no TRE instructor but feel free to ask.

Hi,

i watched the video and it looks pretty interesting.
On the other hand in most videos, it seems that most people do not shake by a mechanism or a pattern.
They are just hopping up and down or something. Looks like nonsens.

What did you experience, real "shaking"? And how did you managed that?
I will try it out this evening after leg training, my legs shake have after a hard workout anyway.

It is different for each person. I generally tend to have tremors in my legs and hip/core area. My father didn't have any the first try and then after 15 minutes of relaxing and some purposely shaking it started naturally, in Nek, shoulders, arms and legs. Feel very relaxed and there isn't any pattern but you can guide and steer it s bit.

Okay, thanks.
I tried something a hour ago.
Drinking 3L (very)cold water in a short time and opening the windows will also lead to good shakeing.
Be aware, don´t drink more than 3L. Could be dangerous. And get warm after the session.

That shaking doesn't involve the activation of the psoas muscle which is the what you want.

Ah okay, and by overexertion the quadriceps the psoas will be involved?
Isn´t it more logic, to do hangig leg raises or something to involve the psoas?

There are lots of exercises for your legs etc. I would just suggest to use the ones in the video. After a while you don't need any exercise and you can awaken them (the tremors) easily.

But feel free to experiment, it is just a bit of trail and error, you will get there in the end ;)

I wonder if you get the same effect from TENS (trans cutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) devices. That also leads to involuntary shaking of muscles.

Hi Jaap,

During the eighties these TENS devices were used more regularly however again this does not activate the psoas muscle and o lyrics activates the muscles locally. There is no gradual change throughout the body. The vibration is limited to the placement of the electrodes.

TENS is great for rehabilitation and muscle growth and activation. But is different stimulation than TRE.

Give it a try, might only take you a hour or so.

Ok The-Pupil...

I did try, and I am cured of skepticism. The shakes happened and I am very calm and relaxed. I'm not sure if I am any calmer than I would be after any other yoga session, but I'll try it a few more times.

Great to see you got it going.

Since you have triggered it now, it will be even easier to trigger it next time.
It also has a lot to do with unconscious tress which we all have due to our experiences in the past. TRE can release some of this tress, that is why they also teach this to firemen, trauma teams and soldiers.

I am also still Experimenting with it in general and in combination with novice freediving

It is different for each person. I generally tend to have tremors in my legs and hip/core area. My father didn't have any the first try and then after 15 minutes of relaxing and some purposely shaking it started naturally, in Nek, shoulders, arms and legs. Feel very relaxed and there isn't any pattern but you can guide and steer it s bit.
Weighing the limb can reduce the tremor. Better you avoid food items like caffeine, soda, tea, chocolate etc. I know it is a bit difficult to avoid those things. Keep your mind and body relaxed. Anxiety and stress make the tremor worse. The workload and pressure from the office are yet another reason for the tremor. It makes the condition worse. I heard that sauna therapy is good for relaxation and it indirectly brings benefits to tremor. I read that infrared sauna is as effective as doing the exercise. It helps to stimulate the body's immune system and cellular detoxification. Also, It assures proper internal organ functioning. I have plans to build a steam shower at home that I can take shower once in a while. It would be beneficial if you keep bath and shower accessories like shower seat in the shower room. It will help you during the sudden tremor at bathrooms.

Weighing the limb can reduce the tremor. Better you avoid food items like caffeine, soda, tea, chocolate etc. I know it is a bit difficult to avoid those things. Keep your mind and body relaxed. Anxiety and stress make the tremor worse. The workload and pressure from the office are yet another reason for the tremor. It makes the condition worse. I heard that sauna therapy is good for relaxation and it indirectly brings benefits to tremor. I read that infrared sauna is as effective as doing the exercise. It helps to stimulate the body's immune system and cellular detoxification. Also, It assures proper internal organ functioning. I have plans to build a steam shower at home that I can take shower once in a while. It would be beneficial if you keep bath and shower accessories like shower seat in the shower room. It will help you during the sudden tremor at bathrooms.

I think you misunderstood. We want these mild tremors to happen. These relax the psoas muscle.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT