• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triathlon Freediving Suits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
S

Shule Going

Hi

We are currently releasing a small range of general freediving/ spearfishing wetsuits in Jan 2016 (open cell inside/ lined outside) at http://www.ninepinfreediving.com/

In addition to this we are developing a one piece freediving training/ warm water suit based on a triathlon wetsuit. From my experience and from reading previous forums here most divers have experienced leaking around the neck and zip when doing CWT with these suits. We are looking at various solutions to avoid this.

Is there any other feedback anyone can provide from diving in triathlon style wetsuits?

Thanks

Hi Shule, if you'd like to promote your products, we encourage you to use the Marketplace area of the forum, Good For Sale typically. There is no charge.

I had a QuintanaRoo triathlon wetsuit but sold it before getting into spearfishing, so 'fraid I can't help. Also, my tri. suit had no arms or hood, was lined inside but slick on the outside, had a zip up the back and was made of at least 2 different thicknesses of neoprene. i.e. it was a lot different from my spearing wetsuits.

Thanks for letting me know about the market place, I will post some new products there when they arrive.

I currently use an Orca Equip for my freediving. I enjoy the one-piece feel of their triathlon suits. I have a background in surfing and water sports so the feel of wearing and the ease of putting on a single piece is nice for me. It does leak through zipper and that is a little bothersome if the water is chilly. I'd be very interested in trying one of these wetsuits if they have good flexibility and are sealed well.

Good luck with your company!

I always have separate suits, freediving suit is much thicker as I'm not moving much, hood to keep warm and so no water goes down the neck. Also the 2 piece doubles up mid section of your body.

For triathlons I use a 2XU 3mm suit (thinner) with a back zip quick to take off while competing and the exterior is super smooth for speed.

The suits are opposite, the open cell freedive suit interior is super smooth so it sits close to your skin and I s semi dry.

Whereas the triathlon suit should be super smooth on the outside for speed.

To combine the 2 making it smooth inside and out would not be as functional and it would get fucked quickly.

2 different sports in my eyes, 1 chilled out, 1 full throttle

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT