• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

triaxx spare shaft mis order/ can be dangerous

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Deleted User

Jul 8, 2002
OK boys I need some help
bought an imersion spear gun called 75 TriaXX... yes I like it a lot but having some tech problems and I need some help!

Everything great until I changed spear shafts....
Now the gun misfires and acts very strange when I load it
found out it needs 6 mm spear shafts only apparently

the replacement shafts I have for this gun are larger for sure... maybe 6.5 mm and 7 mm

sense I change shafts i have had major problems (misfires mainly) and hurt my self even while loading this gun many times

bascaily the gun wont hold the shaft in properly and releases at will

I live where there is nothing available at all (southern Thailand on an island) so I must use these shafts till I get the right size

the bummer is when I bought the gun I was sold the spare spear shafts (that are too big I find out the hard way) with this gun and I would think they would fit right?

on the order it was clear I asked for replacement spears for this gun specifically!

I bought them from 1) the company that sponsors this web forum and 2) from another Italian guy who is in the biz (please don't buy anything from him he didn't keep his word and I can provide you with his name if you want?) he is sneakingly selling on this web site under things for sale (he sells a knife cheap first and ends up selling you a lot more.... watch out for him I would say he is a scam artist myself)

Both sources sent me on two different orders and both sold me the wrong size spare spear shafts (not 6 mm for sure I know that) with both orders for this gun!!!!! (I ordered this gun on two different occasions from two sources).

Now I have 4 or 5 spare shafts that don't work with this gun safely anyways

the suppliers both basically wont respond with my e-mails for fair help which is a big bummer for me too

what do I do????

--
"every body is different
& every body changes"

"THAI ORGANIC"
Koh Samui,Thailand Calling!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought them from 1) the company that sponsors this web forum

That's not me.
Koh, sorry to hear about your rotten luck. I often tell people to be careful where they order gear from, be sure the seller warranties the gear being sold, has a good return policy, and is knowledgable about the gear.

I do not bring any of the Imersion guns into the US, so there may be other forum members with better first hand knowledge of this issue. I am sure it will come down to something reletively simple to resolve.

Good luck.

:)

Last edited:
I bought them from another Italian guy who is in the biz (please don't buy anything from him he didn't keep his word and I can provide you with his name if you want?) he is sneakingly selling on this web site under things for sale (he sells a knife cheap first and ends up selling you a lot more.... watch out for him I would say he is a scam artist myself)
That's not me.
I had to post this because, you understand, italians on Deeperblue are not many.
I don't know whom you're talking about (I can just imagine) and of course you have my solidarity for your misfortune with the mysterious italian crook. But he's not me and I felt the need to say it clear.

Pasta wars!! rofl

Seriously, the Imersion trigger is usually very resilient and will take a multitude od shafts with no problems. The euro shaft has a flattened end that is standard (ish) irrespective of shaft diameter so there should be no problem. I suspect that it is the gun rather than the shafts. Are you able to swap the Concept handle including the trigger? They are usually readily available on the internet.

[edited by Adrian - when you have a situation like this, accusing people of being theives, better to sort things out via PM or privately. Also, we just have one side to the story here, it would be fair to have both.- give the guy a chance to defend himself.]

He was selling dive knifes cheap on this site in the equipment section as way to catch unsuspecting dumbos like me!!!!!
As I recall I paid about $300 or some crazy price for fast express shipping but only after about 12 days it finally showed up!!!!
He said max 5 days it would arrive!
So he I still feel he cheated me on shipping mainly but over all he had no care about after sales help at all.
He also sent me some things that were not what he said they were and when I complained he told me to eat “shot” basically…
I would never ever do biz with him again!!!!!
Zero after payment support!
He complained about not having enough to eat type of excuses!
Completely unprofessional way he handled me for sure!
I think I kept all the emails about this if you want I can let u know all the fine details of the "scamer" in my book anyways!

Pastor thanks that is interesting what you said I will again contact the maker Imersion and see if they can help me. But now when I write the guy he never writes back his name/ contact is:

[name edited out]

Actually he started to help ME WHEN I FIRST ASK THEM FOR HELP but as soon as he heard I was using another companies shafts (SEATEC) he wont respond to any e-mails now!

Like I really knew I couldn’t use this in the first place and of coarse I would have and thought I did order something THAT WOULD WORK!!!! So far the suppliers (two as I have mentioned have not help me at all!
Sucks the big one….. and very unpleasant for me!

One other point Pastor is that I have now two of these same guns here in Thailand (left even more in Hawaii with my brothers (I bought 6 all together, 3 from each supplier) with the same problem (they are in near new condition, so not old and worn out).
So I am not sure it’s the gun itself or a bad design or I just need to buy more 6 mm spear shafts???

Please if anyone can "help me" figure this crazy story out I would appreciate it. It seems ridiculous that I have to ask you all for help when the suppliers are making biz and money on us all and cant bother to stop and help sort this out with me!
I am without any spearo shop here to ask questions or other spear fisher men around either. I am the expert here and don’t know almost anything. I just switched from Pneumatic Mares guns to rubber band Euro style guns so I am a complete novice for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ayakaiwe,

OK, I will take care of you. First of all I am the Imersion rep for north america and fortunately I have an extra Imersion Essential handle (complete with trigger) I will send you for free. All you need to do is pay for shipping.

Second, I suggest from now on you buy gear from me so you don't suffer with any more poor quality items and poor customer service.

Here is a link to a thread with ten pages that will prove my customer service reputation: jimdoe2you where are you - Spearfishing Planet

Here is the link to my store (still under construction, but open): The Spearfishing Store

I don't like to hear stories of people getting ripped off, so I will assist you with some extra discount for gear that you need. Just contact me through a PM.

Thanks,
Jim

:)

Reactions: Erik and Jonny250
hi thanks for the offer Jimdoe2u
I will see what Imersion says and if nothing else comes better I will PM you and work things out with you.... thanks again.

I am not sure what the problem is still and I have to figure that out before I go shiping more things all over the world.

ayakiawe,
i generally buy my spare shafts from the same manufacturer that i buy the gun from. ie, if i buy a cressi gun i get cressi shafts and so forth. it saves a lot of trouble later on. theoretically all euro shafts are interchangable.

Thanks all and you Mishu too.
This makes sense now sure I agree but no where have I heard this info before.
Is this common knowledge in the spearo think tanks?
This should be the first thing you get told when buying a Euro gun on the web sites and all! Dam!!!!
What a major pain in the ass!!!
Why the heck can’t these huge fricken companies (they make this stuff by the ton I am told now) make spear a shaft interchangeable is beyond me?
The tolerances are very very small I just found out!
The manufacturer wrote me and explained and you must have something so exact to fit this gun on the back end of the spear shaft you cant hardily believe it!

This is what they wrote and told me…..

“the tolerances of the rear part of the shafts
the part that is inserted in the cassette is at the extreme rear and in front of the trigger mechanism groove must be 4.8 mm ± 0.2 mm - the top of the shaft on this location should be flat either milled or stamped and have these strict measures.
for the part used for the trigger mechanism to hold the shaft (the 2.4 mm location on the picture) the measure is 2.4 mm ± 0.2 mm
Any shaft that does not match such tolerances should be rejected.”

By the way you wrote Adrian I am a little bit upset by what you wrote me....

[Edited by Adrian - when you have a situation like this, accusing people of being thieves, better to sort things out via PM or privately. Also, we just have one side to the story here, it would be fair to have both.- give the guy a chance to defend himself.]

Come on have him defend himself!!!

I wrote him directly about the problem several times and didn’t have the balls to write me back. You contact him yourself and have him tell his side of the story that would be great!!!!

Facts… he knew this was my first rubber band Euro gun order of my life, he knew the extra spears I was ordering were to go with this gun (I ordered 3 of the same guns from him on the same order)

Hey come on can you add 1 plus one?

Meanwhile everyone on this site should be made aware of his ways and what happened as I met him on this site!!!!

Here are his contact details I have nothing to hide here at all!!!!

He treated me poorly not only on this part of the order but I will spare you the further details for now! The bill came out to be a lot of money... it was a large order I can assure you!

ayakiawe: although what happened to you is regretable, i find this to be an abnormality. generally, people in DB have been the most friendly and honest i have come to know. i have been a member since 2002 and have left and come back and have consistenly found the people here to be more decent than those that i interact with in face-to-face scenarios.

please understand that most of us feel that this website is not for flamming or writting bad reps, regardless of whether it is diserved or not. jimdo2you offered his help, which i would be more than glad to take at this point if i were in your situation.

g'luck with your fishing endevours

ayakiawe: please understand that most of us feel that this website is not for flamming or writting bad reps, regardless of whether it is diserved or not. jimdo2you offered his help, which i would be more than glad to take at this point if i were in your situation.

Ayakiawe,
Apart from the legal issues of posting people's private details online without their permisson, Mishu sums it up quite well, Deeperblue has the responsibility to keep neutral in these situations. Apart from the fact that it's physically impossible to know what really happens on both sides, - that would call for an investigation, it's simply not the forum's purpose, we don't have the desire nor the time to intervene in these situations.

If someone really has consistent problems with a vendor that are not due to poor communications, language difficulties, or external influences, such as strikes, for example, and you want to really warn others about it, there are other ways to go about it.

Instead of using private details, use the company name. For example a thread with: Has anyone else had problems with Shabby Shafts Corperation? They seem to take a long time to deliver and then it's not what I wanted! Or whatever. But keep it clean, don't insult by calling them theives or scammers, state the problem and be honest as to if there could be a language problem or a misunderstanding.

This way you can see if others have been having the same problems or not, or if on the contrary, people have had generally good experiences and your situation is rare. My feeling is that with any company, most orders will be OK, but there will inevitably be mistakes that can cause some dissatisfaction with a few clients. However, imagine that a company has 1,200 good orders a year, but 12 where there has been some difficulty -(that eventually gets sorted out). If those 12 people all went to a forum and started to post on how much trouble they had and how these people were ripping them off, there would be a totally distorted view of the reality of the company's services and quality. Yet it could be enough to spread such a bad reputation as to seriously harm the company. Any company that wishes to keep doing good business has to bend over backwards to satisfy their customers, otherwise they won't survive long.

Problems happen all the time, and sometimes you have to invest with a little time, a little goodwill and alot of patience. Most things do get sorted out. What is important is the "intent" behind the problem, how do we know, without knowing the people involved, if they are just having some temporary problem, late supplies from their factories e.g., are just a bit (or very) disorganized with no bad intentions or really are a scamming outfit just to get your money?

I really doubt that one could make a lot of money ripping people off in the spearfishing/freediving community - everybody pretty much knows each other and word would spread as fast as a praire fire burning their reputation to ashes in the wink of an eye.

Reactions: Erik and Jonny250
Ok I hear you….

So how about this….

Has anyone else had a problem with this guy named Emidio Di Giammarino who is a spearo equipment sales man using this site to locate clients?

He is from Italy and sells products on this site in the commercial sales area of the forum.

Adrin….I think this is a special case and maybe requires an explanation more…
I don’t know...….hear me out just one more time please...

This is not a company first of all I have a problem with….
It’s a guy acting like he has one knife for sale (great price and cheap) on the section where they sell equipment on this site….understand?

When I contacted him all the sudden he came up on the net (e-mails now) and offered me even more "deals"...says he has high up contacts for the best deals and so on and so forth….
I have very little experience with this sort of thing mind you...

Ok fine…. so he sells me 3 Imersion guns (all the same make) and one extra spear to go with each gun.
Pretty simple deal right?
The extra spears turn out to be ones that don’t fit these guns plain and simple….

Wow now I got a problem.

I write him back to ask him about it and nothing back...
Not even a flick you...
Nothing…. now don’t you think that is a bit unusual and needs to be known on this site?

Or am I just crazy guy out to do a poor guy in?
I would like the guy to have the balls to write me back and offer to replace the spears.

Is that asking too much?

What do you think now?

Can you post a picture of the notches of both the old and new spear shafts? I'll be honest with you, I have never ever heard of anything like this. Unless this guy made the shafts out of a bit of old bar and a grinder then any euro shaft would fit. Are you sure this is the shafts and not the gun that has been damaged? Have you tried the original shaft back in the gun to see if that cures the problem?

Hi thanks for your continued interest and support but sorry, the original spear shaft that came with the gun went off with a very large barracuda on its maiden voyage when I first got back to Thailand last year.
The sucker was huge and just took the whole thing with him.
It was a close shot and penetrated the body very well but he never stopped after I shot him and just kept on going like nothing happened. After a few secs the line snapped (that’s the line that comes with the gun and its ok strength too).
I didn’t have a reel put on the gun yet unfortunately otherwise I might have had been able to keep the fish and the spear!
Dam he was big!
So later back home I whipped out the replacement spears (I have 4 of them and they look nice…. made by Seatec) and it’s been a problem ever sense.
The guns are in very very good shape and I don’t think they have a problem as Imersion suspected all along.

So for now I am clear now what the problem is I think anyways.
Not 100% but quite certain but I do think now the gun can only use with certain size shafts as I told you before.

I have several well written and in depth e-mails from the manufacture and he has given me the exact specs for this right size of the back end of the spear shaft required.

I think I posted them in a previous post if I am not mistaken?
Now don’t get me wrong I am not an expert but this does seem to be the case.

Today I took my whole production (all spear shafts and guns I have) to a metal worker and we measured exactly each and every spear shaft I have here and sure enough the sizes within Imersion’s his specifications do seem to fit this gun.

I just found out yesterday had a few reserve shafts left over from an old gun I had left here which is an Omer 2000 which I have never really used.
A couple of those shafts are within the require sizes and they seem to load in the cassette well and it snaps closed like it’s suppose to.

I have a great picture in an e-mail from Imersion that shows exactly the measurements in a picture with overlaid measurements needed for my shafts ends but I am not sure how to attach it to this post???

If you can give me an e-mail address I can forward the e-mail to you if you would like to see it?

here is the pic i hope from imersion showing me whats sizes can work with this gun

Attachments

• shaft end pic from imersion.bmp
    416.5 KB · Views: 191
The problem is that you are using a bitmap image, you need a jpg or a gif to show on the forum. Anyway we can see it so now worry. The shafts look fine to me, the measurement isn't really that critical (within reason), the rounded bit is supposed to ride up on the sear and jam against the roof of the trigger housing. Let me drink my cup of tea and I'll go and measure the one I have in the same imersion trigger housing

OK, just measured an Imersion shaft, a Rob Allen shaft and a Cressi shaft. The Imersion was exactly the same as the measurements you have @ 2.4mm and 4.8mm the other 2 were 2.3mm & 2.2mm and 4.8mm. I would seriously look at your trigger mechanism, there wouls seem to be nothing wrong with your shafts dude

ok sorry but I cant agree with you as much as I would like to trust me on that!
dude.....this is what the copmany told me and I think they must know what they are talking about sense they make a whole shJt load of these there at their factory right?....

here is what I measured today at the shop.. some were mine and a friends

the onesw that fit were the ones that the guy told me would... in that close range plus or minus .2 of 2.4

I took all my spear shafts (and a friends) in to a metal shop to be measured and this below chart is the results.

So the first number in mm (I label as "dip") is the part you call for "the part used for the trigger mechanism to hold the shaft"

the second number in mm is the number for the "flat" part and you call "the part that is inserted in the cassette is at the extreme rear and in front of the trigger mechanism groove "

Can the ones I cant use be modified somehow?

spear shafts sizes dip flat

1. Omer single barb 2.2 4.8

2. new Omer single barb 2.1 4.8

3. new Omer single barb 2.1 4.9

4. new Omer single barb 2.2 4.7

5. new Seatec single barb 2.1 4.7

6. new Seatec single barb 2.2 4.7

7. new Seatec double barb 2.0 4.7

8. new Seatec double barb 2.2 4.9

9. Coralign single barb 2.3 4.9

OK hear back your thoughts thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT