• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triaxx V's Concept Pro

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

snooky

Apr 26, 2006
:wave Would anyone like to make a comment on the qualities of these two Imersion guns? Would one suit certain fish better than the other. I notice that the Triaxx doesn't seem to be as powerful. Are those 4 rods as sturdy as the 30mm barrel of the Pro to accomodate an 18 or 20mm Megabooster with a heavier spear as well?

Wouldn't touch a Triax - I'm sure they are probably accurate and all that but had a bad experience when out diving with friends two years ago. One of the guys was using a new Triax and whilst he was loading it in the water, all of the carbon rods fractured and broke - that was using standard rubbers. He was lucky that non of the bits went through his suit etc. Since that, no one in the club has used one of those guns........

That is really heavy! Scarey! Glad I asked. Now, I am wondering about the safety of the Concept Pro also. Hmmm! Many thanks for the heads up there, David.

I'm a little slow on this post, but having used Imersion products for years, both the Triaxx and concept pro, I have had NO problems with them whatsover.
I love the Triaxx, but you need to stay with the thinner shafts, 6-6.5mm.
They are extremely fast, and accurate, and move thru the water better than anything I've used. The concept pro will take heavier shafts, and stouter bands, with no problems on the mechanism. Not sure why the rods broke on the other guys gun, but hasn't been a problem with me or my teammates.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT