• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trigger points in neck area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gerard

Oct 3, 2002
I get them after every workout as a consequence of apnea training.

They are a real pain to remove. Deep pressure two or three times per week, but they will always be there.

That's the unwanted side-effect of anaerobic exercise.

Do you get any?

Regards, gerard.

Trigger Points

I have tons of trigger points in my back and neck, from sitting at my computer and desk. How do you get rid of trigger points? So far the only way I could get rid of them was years of chi-gong, but that seems like a very slow method!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Holly Molly!

Gee Eric I feel sorry for you mate:( !

Tps are so bad that actually produce muscle spasms, bone misalignment, golfer's elbow, arthritis, etc. In our case (neck) they produce headaches, moody behaviour, bad sleep, etc., and generally sleeping bad health.

I urge to purchase the following book:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345331028/thebodyworkercom/104-7598418-6540738"]Amazon.com: Pain Erasure: The Bonnie Prudden Way (9780345331021): Bonnie Prudden: Books[/ame]

Or directly from:

http://www.bonnieprudden.com/store.html

Where for 45 bucks they offer the book and the tools.

You also can get away by purchasing only the book and using a golf ball (for back) or a plastic octopus used for massage (which I use) you can find in health food stores, a good pharmacist, alternative medicine shop, a good cosmetic shop or even a warehouse like Target.

To apply Trigger point therapy you apply forcefully (using pressure) to the affected area and hold it for 20 up to 60 seconds depending on the severity of the TP. Repeat it two or three times. Stretch afterwards. It is crucial stretching the area for 20-30 seconds (static type of stretching).

After the initial treatment, wait 48 hours before repeating again, because you need to give a rest the nervous system connected to the muscle/s affected.

You may notice an improvement after 48 hours and the intensity of the treatment can be increased.

Some TP (especially the aggressive ones) take up to 3 weeks of treatment, that if the ones resulting from weight training.

Good luck with your choice.

Regards, gerard.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT