• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trip to Kristiansund, Norway, Nov. 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Anders

Halibut hunter
Nov 13, 2008
In early November I flew over the mountains to spend a few days in Kristiansund and go spearfishing with some of the locals. The goal was to see and shoot some big cod, pollack and hopefully some coalfish. The area also has some good anglerfish spots, so of course I wanted to try to find one of them as well.
The trip was a great success, I managed to shoot a bunch of big cod, a pollack and an anglerfish, but the coalfish were nowhere to be found. I only have pictures of the cod, hope you’ll enjoy them ;)
Thanks to Ørjan for the superb guiding and pics!

None of the fish were weighed, but the biggest cod must have been at least 12 kg, probably closer to 15 kg.

Attachments

• DSCF1077.jpg
    DSCF1077.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF1089.jpg
    DSCF1089.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF1098.jpg
    DSCF1098.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF1100.jpg
    DSCF1100.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 170
Nice catch Andres.

Those cod look a thumping size I think the UK boys are getting the Cod fever :)

I want to be in Norway sooooooooo bad. Might take a trip sometime. Great cod, Well done!

Cracking fish Anders!

Scott, that DVD you sent me last year is coming straight out when the gf leaves the house later.............................

We were looking at organising a trip over to Norway last year but could not find a way of responsibly taking a few fish of that size as we could not transport them back to the UK. I did hear of a way in which you could give the fish you caught away to the boat hire place in exchange for petrol?

Just wondering what you did with your catch? I take it you just took your catch back home as freight?

Great fishing again mate! What depths were you diving?

Thanks for the kind words :)
It was an amazing trip, three days of diving all in all. A pollack and an anglerfish the first day, then loads of cod the next two. I was literally unable to lift the brace of cod in the second picture for a photo, so I just picked up the biggest one :D
Water temp was 7-8 C I think, air was just below freezing, -1 or -2 probably. Luckily no wind ;) A 7 mm suit kept me nice and warm for 2+hrs in the water.
When it comes to bringing your catch home, most of it was given to my dive buddy in Kristiansund, but I did bring ca 15 kg of fillet home for the freezer. I simply put it in one of my bags as standard luggage. If some of you come over, I think that's the easiest way. Besides, as a foreign recreational fisherman, you can only take 20 kg of fillet (+one trophy fish) out of the country.
Let me know if any of you are coming over, I'll hook you up with some locals and maybe come along as well if I have the time.

Depth is variable, but most fish were found in the 10-14m range, some deeper, some shallower.
Don't know about the exchanging fish for petrol thing; my buddy had a boat.

Let me know if any of you are coming over, I'll hook you up with some locals and maybe come along as well if I have the time.

Hmmmmm....

I think you may have just opened the floodgates... there will be a bus with 50 spearo's from DB there in 2 days ;)

Very much worth thinking about :)

it would be coool go to Norway for a week try our selfs in different water .
when is best time in Norway for cod hunting ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT