• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trolls/Spammers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ReefTroll

Expert Space Drummer
Apr 9, 2008
Is it just me or does there seem to be a marked increase in spamming profiles?

Easy there Tiger, if I miss them and you spot them just fire off a PM and if it needs sorting then it’ll be sorted.:):)

Oh I'm not having a go at anybody mate!! Just there seems to be an increase of attacks from the good old internet than usual. I wasn't making reference to any moderation, but more to the fact Deeper Blue seems to be flavour of the month for dodgy websites to attack!

Reactions: podge
I didn’t think for a second that you were having a moan mate so no worries there.:)
But if you do come across anything that seems a bit spammy just let me know so I can do the necessary.:martial
Happy days Reefy
Paul:):)

These phukin spammers have no brains. I found one advertising his shite in Old Man Dave's thread. He's lucky I couldn't get hold of him physically, that S.O.B.

These phukin spammers have no brains. I found one advertising his shite in Old Man Dave's thread. He's lucky I couldn't get hold of him physically, that S.O.B.

That is truly appalling, about as low as low can be.

Out of interest, what's the deal with dealing with the ones advertising illegal things, like that one about the credit card skimmers etc?

we ban the suckers as fast as they can but they come back! they are robotized scripts that look for weaknesses in forum platforms (there are not that many and the vulnerabilities are known) to automaticaly do this kind of thing....

Heard they arrested and shut down mega spammer in Russia last week. Cut down the spam traffic by 85%. Anybody notice a drop in unrequested shite?:martial

Heard they arrested and shut down mega spammer in Russia last week. Cut down the spam traffic by 85%. Anybody notice a drop in unrequested shite?:martial

Nope, it's still coming through, lots of it is now appearing as spam visitor messages on "so called new members" profile pages.
But i'm all over it baby:blackeye:martial:crutch

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT