• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trouble Equalising inverted

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

CCtrader

Jul 10, 2003
I seem to have some problems equalizing inverted. I know that there are many people with the same problem. So if you could share how you did overcome this…
One thing I have discovered is that I have the same problem out of water… I always thought that this had to do with pressure, but it seems that it's all about the tubs being blocked.

:(

Make sure that your head position is good:
When you go down, you go vertical, while your head should stay in a natural position looking at what would be the horizon (90 degrees to your diving direction). Usally beginners look down while diving, it makes equalization (and hydrodynamics and finning technique) suck.

If you mentain good body position and still can't equalize inverted, then you are one of those people with difficulties, which in that case, I can't help you, you will need to ask them how they solved it. Usally there is a solution, it's just a qeustion of how much you are willing to work to get it.
Good luck.

PS: do you use the frenzel, valsalva or BTV to equalize?

What kind of equalization is BTV....where can I find some info about it?

Thanx Roland, I just browsed the deeper blue and find some info on BTV...

Ok, here's the google's translation of that page...a bit confusing but it will help...

Attachments

• btv.doc
    38 KB · Views: 234
I tried that before with other translators.
Like you say it stays a bit confusing. Things like translators always give a bit of a rough and confusing translation, especially on this kind of text. It is always a good start but I never figured out all the details that way.

Any volunteer around to refine it and maybe even post it on a webpage?

I have solved the problem after reading the post on "no hands equalization":t

Now i can equalize without hands...

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT