• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

trouble with dynamic turns.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Skindiver

100 % H2O
Feb 5, 2002
The turn at the shallow end is ok, if a bit ponderous. But the deep end is the problem .

I keep hitting my head on the bath taps...
Any one with similar problems or some advice ?

Skin. ;)

Yes - a common problem.

You should try and grap the plug and turn on that whilst pulling youself away from the taps. Be careful not to pull too hard or you may empty the pool.

Aletrnatively, cover the ends of the taps with rubber ducks for protection. I appreciate this is symptom, not cause but it may help.

rubber ducky

I was going to get onto this one shortly.

They watch me.
They just float there and watch me.
First with one eye and then as they turn with the other.
I feel they may be plotting something... could i be paranoid ?
Has anyone ever had a bad experience with them ? Does their behavior change when they are in a pack ?

Can i do long statics safely when they are around ? They always seem to be closer when i surface...

skin

Rubber duckies

I thought they were harmless enough until one time I came up from underneath and grabbed onto ones legs. Fortunately I was only halfway between the deep and shallow ends and was able to slide over a wall before all ^*## broke loose! I don't trust 'em anymore for nothin! Especially in packs. I wait now until they drift over to the deep end before venturing in. They seem to hug the deep end.

Fred

rubber duckies here I come!!!

My technique is to turn on the tap - that distracts them, keeps them looking up at the waterfall while you dive under them without their noticing. Make sure you blacken the underside of the taps just incase they spot your reflection off the chrome.

Maybe the Deepest Bear would have any comments?

Adrian

I tried doing a flip-turn, but my feet always got hooked on the tap....I use a monofin. If you're a BI-GUY then you should be ok ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT