• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trygons RX Monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aimesh

Dec 4, 2011
Hi

anyone tried the new Trygons monofins? i have the BI fins RX and they are great! and the footpocket fits perfect but i am wondering about the monofins performance!

Can you compare your Bifins RX with other fins? - do a sort of mini review?

How do the new footpockets feel and work?

What is the foot to blade angle?

Trygons promises more efficiency, how much do you think it actually is compared to what other fins?

The monofin looks promising high value, especially the 310 Euro model, more angle and durability than a flyer or Nemo model, with comfortable foot pockets.

Can you compare your Bifins RX with other fins? - do a sort of mini review?

How do the new footpockets feel and work?

What is the foot to blade angle?

Trygons promises more efficiency, how much do you think it actually is compared to what other fins?

The monofin looks promising high value, especially the 310 Euro model, more angle and durability than a flyer or Nemo model, with comfortable foot pockets.

the foot pockets are very very good and comfy and firm fit!
The trygons RX they are the best for me so far! Fast reaction! Some people think that the blades are short but the truth is the blades are perfect!

no point of having a long blades which will not straighten up fast enough to be ready for the second kick.

The layer of the carbon is different and it really help to get an efficient kicks. The water rails are very slim. Almost like there is nothing. Which can result in fin sliding during kicking if you are a beginner.

I tried so many carbon fins, but i will give the RX BI fins A++ it really exceeded my expectation, i done lots of -40 and - 50 meters with these fins and it felt way much easier using them compare to some other famous brands in the market.

even though the depth was not that deep, but with these fins it was much easier,

I did have less sore hips while i was using them, speed is very good.

I really can not see any bad thing about these fins, they are well made and fit perfect.

hopefully this will help

Reactions: Kars
Lovely review!

It really makes me curious how their monofins are.
Please anyone, if you have one of those Trygons fins, report in here on DB!

If Trygons want's to borrow me one for testing and review, I'm available and all ears.
Like I've done for their fluid goggles I can write an extensive test report, and or a review for Deeperblue and or other webpages.

Kars

Lovely review!

It really makes me curious how their monofins are.
Please anyone, if you have one of those Trygons fins, report in here on DB!

If Trygons want's to borrow me one for testing and review, I'm available and all ears.
Like I've done for their fluid goggles I can write an extensive test report, and or a review for Deeperblue and or other webpages.

Kars

My main issue with any monofin is the footpockets, brands like water way and glide, they are very good but the foot pockets are so tight, I could not take the pain no more after wearing the fin for 15 mins!!

I hope the Trygons monofin will be, i know that the foot pockets is perfect fitting for me, lets see how the blades acts in water.

Yes the footpockets are critical, en yes you can have such tights pockets that you cannot wear them for more then 15min.
The difficulty designing a footpocket is not only the shape, but also choice of material. Often a thin soft rubber will form better around a round foot, but in order to not spring/bent too much it needs to be tense to the limit of the stretching range. This stretching to the stretch limit gives a constant high pressure to the foot, which muscles cannot hold in shape for a long time.
An ideal foot pocket would be like a firm mould spreading the blade pressure evenly, which does not put pressure on the feet when the finblade is not pushing water.
This is why my interest in Trygon's footpocket is peaking, because with the carbon sleeve around their soft pocket, they create a firm non pressure hold around the foot. So if you hold your fin still there is hardly any pressure on the feet. When you move the finblade pressure is immediately transferred to the foot, hopefully without much play.

Does this match your Trygons' foot pocket experience?

How much play do you feel there is? - is it adjustable?
Does the foot-pocket work for high arch and flat arch feet as well?

...This is why my interest in Trygon's footpocket is peaking, because with the carbon sleeve around their soft pocket, they create a firm non pressure hold around the foot. So if you hold your fin still there is hardly any pressure on the feet. When you move the finblade pressure is immediately transferred to the foot, hopefully without much play....

I saw the Trygons bi-fins at DEMA last year. They were the about nicest bi-fins I had seen (maybe even nicer than Andrea's custom Dive-R Minis that she set her US DYN record with at the 2010 WC). The foot pocket was one of the things that I liked so much about the Trygons. The sleeve around the foot pocket actually reminded me of my Orca monofin footstrap system. It is a non-elastic strap around the foot with a soft bootie between them. Compare to my setup on the Orca, it is a non-elastic textile strap around the foot with a soft dive sock between them. I know it works very well on the Orca. The only concern I had about the Trygon setup was wondering how well it would work without any adjustments. It is probably great as long as you get a good fit, but without having tried it, I cannot comment beyond how it looked.

Reactions: derelictp
Apparently, Trygons, Ron and I think alike ;)

Can I take it that your Orca2 footpocket strap system works for flat and high arching feet?

Apparently, Trygons, Ron and I think alike ;)

Can I take it that your Orca2 footpocket strap system works for flat and high arching feet?

The Orca system has full support of the sole of the foot. The force couple takes the bulk loads through the heal and the top strap over the foot on the fin's power-stroke. The arch of the foot is not really involved, so I don't think it matters much if you feet are flat or high-arched.

I took some pictures of the Subgear/Trygons equipment at DEMA. I haven't used any of it, but it all looks pretty nice. Like all carbon fins, they are fragile. Note the edge damage in the pictures.

IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG

Reactions: Ichthys
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT