• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trying to put blades into foot pockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rat Cunning

Sep 11, 2003
While we are on the subject of fins...

I have new picasso blades and am trying to fit them into my old picasso foot pockets, however, I am finding it very difficult to get the blades into the foot pockets. I can get the blades seated properly and the screw holes line up, but am battling to get the the wings of the foot pockets over the edges of the blades. When I put them in on one side (the top side of the fin), and then turn the fin over, they fall out on the other and vice versa?

Is there a special tool or technique I should be using?

Hey Rat,

Grab one rail and pull it back 180 degrees. This should help to widen the slot the blade fits into. Secure about 3 inches of the rail (closest to the footpocket). Repeat this with the other side. Once you have a little of each rail gripping the blade, continue to repeat the prior steps, except now, hold the rail securely against the blade where it is already fastened (so it doesn't pull off) and then pull the remaining portion of the rail back (180 degrees) so that it widens the groove again. Again, repeat on the other side......

Keep doing this until both rails are secured.

If I wasn't clear enough, let me know and I'll post a few photos.

Good luck.

Ted

Rat,
Ted’s sounds like he knows what he is talking about. To add to that, here is my experience.

I took my Picasso foot pockets off my black teams once just to see how they worked. Your right, it was a fight to get them back on. There was a notch in the side of each blade that angled back toward the foot area at about 45%. I had to stretch the rubber rail up past the notch quite a bit before it would seat in them.

If you ever need one, I have a single 42-44 foot pocket and black team fin. I also have omer 40-42 foots pockets and Millennium Competition fins for anyone who wants them. See my thread in the Goods for Sale forum.
don

Yes, its a real mission

Don:

Thanks for your offer, and unirdna, thank you for your detailed instruction.

Yes, putting these blades back in has been a real mission indeed.

Perhaps somebody should invent a small tool for doing this, not unlike a tool for putting tires back on byclyes.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT