• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UK Spearo Stores

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hello lovely people. Got a question - where does everyone buy their spearo kit these days? Any recommendations on online stores?

On this topic, I recently placed quite a large an order from Nootica as I was lured in by their cheap prices.

In short, don't buy from them.

They advertise items as being 'In Stock' when they aren't and promote fake discount codes on their website that don't work when you get to the checkout.

My order is stuck in their warehouse as an item that was meant to be in stock isn't available. It's been 10 days now and no communication... They have no phone number and once you've ordered, customer support do not reply to any messages or emails.

So yeah, textbook example of why you should buy from smaller shops that are run by real humans who actually care about your order, not faceless megacorps. Really cross with myself for not ordering from and supporting a UK company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X and Kodama
**UPDATE**

Emailed Nootica and told them to cancel my order, have reordered from a UK shop (y)

Reactions: Mr. X
Recently I've been using spearfishingstore.co.uk, based in Paignton Devon. Great value (especially during sales) , selection and service. :) I once visited the store, which also sells equipment for the elderly and infirm.

The owner announced in February that they were no longer going to sell spearfishing equipment from the store but would continue to sell it on the web; the shop remains open for their other business . Also, the spearfishing business is up for sale, reportedly due to owners age. Perhaps Corona virus was the last straw? :(

Last edited:
We have noticed over the years that spearfishing bricks and mortar stores with webstores seem to consistently provide the best service. The very big warehouse webstores and the very small one or two person operations seem to struggle to keep customers happy and tend to generate posts from unhappy spearos on this forum.

Last edited:
I've also bought from:
apnea.co.uk (very good, bricks & mortar store too),
a french store on the channel coast, forgot the url.
Denny's Diving up north, web & bricks & morter store,
Mikes Diving (store & web).
All of the above were good.

Big webstores too: planetwave seems ok but no longer carry much if any spearing gear last time I looked.

The big webstore in Spain which goes by several different names, offers a good selection, sometimes good prices but costly shipping and I had several problems with orders, as have others, and they were only partially resolved. They seem like a dodgy operation to me. However, for a small, simple, non-urgent order, you might get lucky.

I've also bought directly from Italian bricks and mortar stores via ebay successfully. Not so good for size specific purchases, e.g. Fins, wetsuits - returns are often possible but shipping is expensive. Fine for spearguns, especially as they sometimes carry products not available in UK.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT