• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Unassisted World Record Diary Online: Also win FREE Stuff!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Guys,
I have to say thanks for all the e-mails and well wishes. Something for sure I have realized. If you think you are going to attempt this category and not train well, you have another thing coming. The 55m was easy. The 63m was....hmmmm, not hard, not easy. somewhere in the middle...Think I got a about two contractions on the way up. Funny what training does for you. Far cry from the last attempt, that's for sure. Yasemin will go again tomorrow, I will rest up a couple days and hit it again.

Thanks again you guys! You rock it till the wheels come off!

David

P.S. Excuse the crappy technique....I was too busy worrying about equalizing :D

Last edited:
hi

an event well organized and publicized.

yes Im so happy also to the web master of deepeblue there too and giangula from italy-

when we work together everything work perfect -

Congratulations on the new record David!! ;)

All I have to do now is waiting for the video.....:D

Funny what training does for you. Far cry from the last attempt, that's for sure

Yes I agreed training make the diferent -hey I cry also and I was not there jaja

saludos

Daniel.

Originally posted by Pezman
Where can I get one of those cool suits?

I was able to get the same effect, painting myself with road marking paint that I stole from a federal warehouse. It's 100% waterproof and leaves you with that 'naked' feeling you only get when you're...er....naked.

Al

Awesome!

What a great event! Looks like things are coming together for the FREE crew in more ways than one! Congrats to Yasemin and David and to all their support crew. You guys are real pros. :)

Of all the recent record attempts, I'd say this one by far is the most exciting, the most inspiring and the most well-organized. These people know what they are doing--it definitely shows.

David, if you were able to find some time to make some deep dives with a monofin or bi-fins to practice your equalizing then your dives would be that much more enjoyable. That being said, for someone who has been out of the ocean for 6 months, what you've accomplished rocks! I don't think people really realize how difficult and tricky it can be to equalize down past 60m when it's been that long (for those of us who do not auto equalize!). And to do it on your 4th dive--right on, man!

All the best for the next attempts. Only eight more seconds of sinking and two more strokes to 70m. :)

Right on, guys!

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

Nice work David. What awesome speed and at last some freefalling. Makes me wonder where the limits are in this discipline. I always thought the difference between CWT and CNF was about 1.5 ratio, but maybe it is a lot less.

So how did you equalize. What kind of technique? Fill your mouth? at what depth? And more intresting how did you train the equalization in Oklahoma (!). (We have similar problems in Sweden since we get no deep training during winter).

David - ever tried a monofin?

Nice to see Rudi mentioning STIG in his diary (but he is danish). As we all know Stig and Carlos are the actual records that David and Rudi takes into account. A bit silly not seeing that mentioned in Rudis pressrelease or in Whelans text.

Happy for you all in KAS and that the weather is with you.

Sebastian

At least F.R.E.E. acknowledges the other records by mentioning that the depth to beat was 61m. They've always outclassed AIDA, in my book. Their ability to acknowledge the existence of other records, for instance ...

Two new WRS and then Smarty Jones ... well two new WRs. Not a perfect weekend in sports, but not bad so far. Congrats Yaz and David

Alastair, I'll try that road-paint idea this weekend.

Congratulations David! That's an amazing dive.

As others have said, the whole event seems to be very well organized. I for one really appreciate being able to access the diaries and the video footage.

Well done to everyone involved.

Ash

Well, it seem that i was prophetic.
I knew that both of you will get the record to your backs.
Congratulations to all the team.
Amazing coverage and beautiful videos

Respect

David, congratulations with this awesome dive. Hopefully there's more in stock for us ........

amazing david! congratulations from switzerland!

the 2'05'' for 63m on the power of your bare arms and legs is amazing!

yours pat

It's great being here wýth the F.R.E.E. team. Today is a rest day so no record attempts today :D

Keep the comments coming folks! I know that the team here ýs reading it all!

And of course my congrats go out to both Yasemin and David.

Congratulations

63 Meter in unassisted - awesome! My hat goes to David!

The way You got there, in a quiet and modest spirit, is even adding more glory to such an outstanding achievement!

Way to go David - we are waiting for more to come.

Congratulations also to Rudi and Yasemin!

Gerald

Well done David !

Wow 63m in 2.05 is fast !
You must have really worked on your fitness and strength as well as your swimming technique. I've done some pretty deep no-fins dives myself but I ended up doing better slowing down, with longer glides. But then I don't have your fitness or upper body strength :t

Cheers,
Wal

Big congratulations to Yaesmin on your performance and managing to succeed under the strain of body disagreements! Beautiful form on your dive!

By the way have you ever measured the % of propulsion you are achieving with the dolphin kick in your stroke?

Keep up the terrific work and hope you can work through your back problems, I can relate to that... no fun at all!

Cheers,

Tyler

Way to go David! Sixty-five metres! You da man! Whoooohooooo!!!!
I hope you have a chance to go for 70m soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

All the best to you and Yasemin on "official record day!" We're cheering for you here in Vancouver.

Inspiring stuff!

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT