• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

underwater housing for panasonic camcoder

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SEDATE

Feb 6, 2005
i am planning to buy or do my own housing:)rcard)..but any has another idea., is it still in market or someone selling it?.,
i think using housing there is a posibility to control all button or some button ...thnx
model for panasoic NV-GS17 ..

Attachments

• panasonic%20NV-GS17.jpg
    panasonic%20NV-GS17.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Sedate,
checkout ikelite.com they have very good housings, a pit expensive but very good, i have one for my sony camcorder for the past 8 years, still looks new.

Marwan said:
Sedate,
checkout ikelite.com they have very good housings, a pit expensive but very good, i have one for my sony camcorder for the past 8 years, still looks new.
thnx marvan..but i think no one selling case for panasonic ., i searched all items.at link .:head :rcard

shit :D ....i searched 2 weeks or more on net..no case for nv-gs17..
meanwhile nv-gs17=nv-gs21=nv-gs35 same in dimension

This kind of thing drives me nuts too! Does anyone know where to find one that will fit a Panasonic PV-GS36? I am sure that there are probably some out there that are designed for ones that have the same dimensions and button configurations as mine, but I am not savvy enough to figure out which one. Can anyone help?

For all who are following this thread, I think Sony cameras offer the best functionality for underwater cameras because these use the LANC jack for controlling all the functions. This jack allows a person to electronically control the camera and use universal housings that are inexpensive and easy to get. Best of all, people can buy and upgrade to new Sony cameras every year and still use the same universal housing.

Here are photos of my housing, and I have used three different Sony cameras in it without a problem.

PHOTO #1: The LANC jack and the blue LANC port.

PHOTO #2: Overall view of the camera and housing.

PHOTO #3: The Camera mounted on the tray and the LANC jack plugged in.

PHOTO #4: The camera and tray being slid into the housing.

PHOTO #5: Rear view of the Sony camera and the universal housing.

Jim

:)

Attachments

• Cam1.JPG
    Cam1.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Cam2.JPG
    Cam2.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Cam3.JPG
    Cam3.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Cam4.JPG
    Cam4.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Cam5.JPG
    Cam5.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 172
That is sweeeet. What did the whole setup run (if you don't mind me asking)? Also, can you give a direct link to the housing and camera?? Very nice.

Mine is the DOLPHIN PRO model and here is the link for the brand I use:

http://www.oceanimagesinc.com/

One like mine with the optional exended rear and LCD monitor built in just went one ebay for $585 and I missed it :vangry ! That was about $2,000 worth of housing.

Jim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT