• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Underwater Videoing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jtweezy

Jan 19, 2010
Hey, I am looking to get started in viedeoing my dives and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a camcorder/housings. I currently have a Canon HFS100 camcorder and I ordered the Ikelite housing for it but sent the housing back because I didnt like the design and other features on the housing. I have also noticed that my Canon HFS100 doesn't do too well in low light conditions on land, which makes me worried that it will have problems underwater. I am considering selling my camcorder and buying a new one more suitable for diving. Please let me know any suggestions...

Thanks, Jeff

Hey, I am looking to get started in viedeoing my dives and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a camcorder/housings. I currently have a Canon HFS100 camcorder and I ordered the Ikelite housing for it but sent the housing back because I didnt like the design and other features on the housing. I have also noticed that my Canon HFS100 doesn't do too well in low light conditions on land, which makes me worried that it will have problems underwater. I am considering selling my camcorder and buying a new one more suitable for diving. Please let me know any suggestions...

Thanks, Jeff
Dude,

Just get n underwater camera and start shooting.
Gopro has been around a long time. Find and old one or a new one they all work.
Find some cheaper ones that do not go as deep and just start. Lighting will always be and issue.
Besides lighting there is visibility, current, are you heavy or light, oops you floated past the desire pic.
No matter what underwater camera you get, it will work on land.
Start cheap and work your way up.

Navy Diver

Reactions: SubSub
I use a Nokia 8 that has a Carl zeiss lens and put it in a mpow ipx8 waterproof case it gives a lot better results than when i used a Gopro. Do make sure you do the tissue test on the mpow ipx8 case before you take it in the water.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT