• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Unknown english shipwreck in Denmark

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Teddy_lykke

Jan 22, 2003
Hi English divers
We are a club here in the north of Denmark that have found a new shipwreck on 27- 35 meters. We have been diving a lot on it, and founded a lot of interesting things as foreksample dishes, bottles and so on. Still the wreck is full of sand, so we have not been able to find the bell, ore the small brass makers plate on the boilers that can identify the wreck. The dishes is made of a compagny called "Davenport, Longport and Stafford" but unfortunaly they can´t help us finding the name of the wreck because this compagny does not exsist anymore (On the front of the dish is written "Marine" and on the backside is written "Davenport, Longport, Stafford, 30 canning place, Liverpool, 3-2 Ely Place, Charterhouses London").

We have also found several shipwindows on the wreck and this is here we have found a 100 % sign on, that the ship is build in England. On one of the windows is a mark with P1 whitch means that the window have been placed in the portside as number one (only the british shipyards use this p and s for starbord). But the most interesting is for sure another window, because in the glass of this windows a name is written. The name is Theodore
Biscaine ore Biscaino. There most be a good option, that this Theodore was a man sailing with the ship ore one of the men that builded the ship.

Our guess is, that the wreck went down between 1890-1945 because the way it is build is an older steemship model. I´m myself educated as a historian and I have used a lot of time looking in the danish arcive of the danish royal navy that help all ships in danish water when they have problems. In this arhive the royal navy do not even have the knowledge of a wreck on this position, so my guess is, that this english wreck sank so fast that nobody of the men had a chance to get the lifeboats in the water and therefor the danish arcive do not have any information about the accident. Therefor somebody today in Britan most be relieved to get the news about there grandfathers disteny.

Our problem is then, how do we find this Theodore Biscaine/Biscaino. Do any have the knowledge about how we can continue from here I would be happy to hear from you because my biggest wish is to find out of what the name of this wreck was so we can get the story. Please mail me in my personal mail teddy_lykke@hotmail.com

best diving regards
Teddy Lykke Bisgaard

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT