• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Upcoming World Records

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

laminar

Aug 13, 2001
Things are heating up after Cyprus! Here's a list of new world record attempts from the AIDA website, summarized as follows:

This week: (June 18-22)
Herbert Nitsch:
Cancelled constant weight attempt, free immersion, constant without fins, and variable weight (broken ear drum probably the reason why).
Static Apnea: he's made the prerequisite, going for 8'08 +

Tanya Streeter: (June 16th-24th)
Static apnea: going for 6'18, already made a prerequisite static of 6'08
Constant without fins: going for 30m, already made it in training. There is no AIDA record on the books. (FREE world record is -40m by Yasemin Dalikilic)
Variable weight: going for -112m, made -106m prerequisite

Coming up in July:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...aida-international.org/announced_attempts.htm

Did you miss that last item? Pipin has announced a no limits world record attempt with AIDA. I imagine he will be going for -171m, the same depth Audrey reached. Let's just hope he makes the record safely.

Pete
Vancouver, BC

hi

Pete I remember a while back in the how deep will Topi go thread that David Lee was supposed to be having a shot at Topi's 60m in your summer, Any news on that ??

cheers

After only 4 days of training Herbert wasn't able to make a new static worldrecord. He tried 7 times with 3 of them over 7 min.
The best was 7:23 a new austrian record.

Next time Herbert

hi

I thought he was doing consistent 8min + in Cyprus ??

cheers

That's right. But since cyprus he couldn't train like he wanted to. First because of his blown eardrum, then he got something like a little bronchitis. So he had only 4 days of real training.

hi

On the news report thing about Yasemin getting a tumar out of her pancreas it says that David lee will not be attempting his record in July. Does anyone knoe exactly what record and by how much I guess the no fins one but has anyone got reports on his training.

cheers

hi

I just read somewhere that Stig avall severson (Spelling) did an unofficial no fins dynamic apnea of 150M in a 25M pool !!!!!

INCREDIBLE

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

On the news report thing about Yasemin getting a tumar out of her pancreas it says that David lee will not be attempting his record in July. Does anyone knoe exactly what record and by how much I guess the no fins one but has anyone got reports on his training.

cheers

Hi All,
Been a while since I have been to this forum (too much work and no play :( ). Hope all is good and everyone has been safe with their diving. Breaks my heart everytime I log on or hear we loose another freediving to stupid accidents.

Anyway, as for the training. My sponsorhip has been set up since the day Topi did 60m. I wanted to wait till this month (july) to attempt to see if any Aida members took a shot at it so I would have something eles to go after. Well, everything was planned and ready to go and then Yaso was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had to have an operation about 3 weeks ago (I saw a photo of the tumor...all I have to say is
post-1-1047683698.gif
. Since we were planning on attempting the unassisted together I decided to wait until she recovers to attempt with her...Sucks that all the training I did for this month will go to waste...That's ok, I am going to Jamaica for some diving in a few weeks so I can use the training to go after some fish :D ...

so looks like it will be late November or December before anything happens...and for sure I will be attempting 3m deeper than whatever the unassisted record may be at that time
bubbrubb.gif
...Feel pretty confident considering I can pull the 51m lagoon in Jamaica without training. With some good training I should be good for many more meters. Only one way to tell for sure and that's to go do it.

For now I have been training mostly cardio with some weights and an occasional pool session to keep in close contact with my apnea abilities. Fortunately I have a 60m deep fresh water strip mine 2 hours away that I can get my ears under some pressure.

There is the update from the ever so dormant David Lee (not going to be dormant for long though :D )

Take it easy and be careful guys (and girls)

David

post-1-1047683473.gif

Last edited:
Go for it ApneaBlue

Personally, I think that unassisted CB is the ultimate. An unassisted CB of 60+ is unimaginable. You, Topi and Yasemin rule.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
hi david

Originally posted by ApneaBlue
Hi All,
Been a while since I have been to this forum (too much work and no play :( ). Hope all is good and everyone has been safe with their diving. Breaks my heart everytime I log on or hear we loose another freediving to stupid accidents.

Anyway, as for the training. My sponsorhip has been set up since the day Topi did 60m. I wanted to wait till this month (july) to attempt to see if any Aida members took a shot at it so I would have something eles to go after. Well, everything was planned and ready to go and then Yaso was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had to have an operation about 3 weeks ago (I saw a photo of the tumor...all I have to say is
post-1-1047683698.gif
. Since we were planning on attempting the unassisted together I decided to wait until she recovers to attempt with her...Sucks that all the training I did for this month will go to waste...That's ok, I am going to Jamaica for some diving in a few weeks so I can use the training to go after some fish :D ...

so looks like it will be late November or December before anything happens...and for sure I will be attempting 3m deeper than whatever the unassisted record may be at that time
bubbrubb.gif
...Feel pretty confident considering I can pull the 51m lagoon in Jamaica without training. With some good training I should be good for many more meters. Only one way to tell for sure and that's to go do it.

For now I have been training mostly cardio with some weights and an occasional pool session to keep in close contact with my apnea abilities. Fortunately I have a 60m deep fresh water strip mine 2 hours away that I can get my ears under some pressure.

There is the update from the ever so dormant David Lee (not going to be dormant for long though :D )

Take it easy and be careful guys (and girls)

David

post-1-1047683473.gif

Hi david

Hi david is good to know about you in this forum brother--this is me

Daniel.

saludos

hi David

Good luck bro, make sure you get a video clip of it so all of us here who have to work all the time can drool over what life should be like :)

cheers

No fins is by far the purest form of diving. Pezman, Volodya, and I really enjoy it. You guys are an inspiration, thanks for the update and good luck with your training.
Jim

the purest form of

Yes i agree with you Jim...let keep the unassisted topic in this forum.

saludos

Daniel.

new unbeleivable records

Just received newsletter from freediving.at:

'
As announced by Bill Strömberg and still to be confirmed by AIDA International:

Yamina Enedahl-Mekki(Sweden), 97m Dynamic Without Fins
Peter Pedersen(Denmark), 200m in Dynamic With Fins
Stig Åvall Severinsen(Denmark), 166m Dynamic Without Fins
'

Amzing distances!
Congratulations on all 3 of them

The old men's records are really shredded to pieces

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT