• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

usaa in la, july

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ramstam

May 9, 2003
does anyone know the details of the tryouts in la scheduled
for july 10-13?

Grant W Graves the USAA director put out some info in a post to FreediveUSA, which is a Yahoo Group for USAA members. I would copy it here, but he said it was not a public announcement, just some preinfo for USAA members. The bottom of the message had the can’t distribute legal stuff.

It sounded like there will be a public announcement shortly and registration, with the competition details will be on their web site at http://usaa.freedivers.com/. It only cost $25 a year to become a member of the USAA and they can really use the money to further AIDA meets in the U.S.. It might get you the some comp details a little quicker too. It’s frustrating how long it’s taking, but the problem has been obtaining insurance, which they now have so competitions in the future should be announced sooner.
don

Thanks for the info, I joined, but for some reason I didn't
make it onto the email list. Do you know what areas we will
competing in and the cost to compete? Maybe what area of
LA will it be held?

Ramstam,

PM me your name and email address. I'm the list moderator so I can look into it. I thought I sent invitations to every member so I apologize beforehand if I overlooked you.

I can copy you Grant's email once I confirm this, but I'm bound by the same legal **** too. I know this looks ridiculous, but I'll try my best.

Peter

ramstam,
I have the same problem. I've been a member since last year and haven't heard a word from them. Been trying to get on "the list" for a couple weeks now.

Longfins,
I just PM'd you.

Don,
Thanks for the insight. More than I've ever heard so far!

All,
Hope to see organized Freediving in the US grow.

Tad,

I usually send out an email invitation to join the freediveUSA list to new members as soon as I get an updated list (roughly once a month). There is a significant percentage of no-replies so I had assumed they decline to join.

If anyone out there is a USAA member but is not on the FreediveUSA list, please PM me and I'll rectify the situation.

There's no secret 'in' list or anything. FreediveUSA egroup is for communication between its members, and is a member service just as BFA has the AIDAUK list and CAFA has the FreediveCanada list.

Peter S.

Last edited:
hi

H-i USA freediving competicion?

I hope one day for dinamic competicion in New York

Daniel

Now that it has been anounced, how many of you guys/gals are planning on going?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT