• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UW Vid Setup

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

loopy

Deeper Blue Hypoxyphiliac
Oct 24, 2002
Rightio tigers :)

Anyone know any companies who make something similar to this?

http://www.swann.com.au/show_item.php?item=92

I'm after one that can handle a decent depth (say 50m+), maybe with a smal waist-pack type thing to clip on your weight belt? Idea is to have the cam attached to the mask with the recorder around your waist - I've heard of people with setups like that, but I don't know any brand names or prices or anything like that...

Cheers in advance :)

Brad

Yeah nice Adrian, thanks, that's the sort of thing I'm after, only waterproof to a big depth (I didn't see any specs on that page?) :)

I imagine that it wouldn't prove to be too expensive to make your own - a cheap ccd covered in perspex and a small housed microcontroller connected to a standard hard drive should be able to do the trick. Does anyone have any experience making their own housings?

Cheers again :)

Loopy
Back in the sixties I made a couple housings for cameras and three or four underwater lights. Pretty simple stuff with 1/4 inch plexiglass tube. The guy that wrote the manual and supplied the fittings (Mart Toggweiler Hydrotech Co. in Long Beach CA) tested an 8" tube with 3/4' end plates to -60 meters. For what you want, I'd try to convert an underwater light instead, but I think you're comfortable working with plastic.
If you don't come up with a better idea, let me know and I can send you the manual.
Aloha
Bill

Reactions: loopy
We did one back in Mallorca: Hight pressure PVC, Lexan ends, and an of the shelf handle with all the connections, and a PVC "wing" to ad stability.

I know it still works after hundreds of dives well over 40m. They use it for underwater archeology thought all the season...

big stable and unbreakable... perfect for this kind of jobs. But you need good skills, loads of patience and steel nerves...

Reactions: loopy
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT