• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

vacuum barrel and dry firing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Salvimar vuoto doesn’t fit the seac barrels
U can take Pelengas kit too but maybe it would be hard to find pieces as shock absorbers (u can use salvimar cuff)

Ah, don't know how I could forget. You can, of course, also get a custom one from Dima/UBL (Underwater Ballistics). One thing though, both UBL and Pelengas proprietary tail ends and sliders which might make the cost slightly higher. And getting spares might take longer. At the end of the day, perhaps Tomba could be the best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crispin, if you were using that speargun with 7 mm shaft you might had the initial speed over 44 m/s.! Even with 8 mm shaft the speed might had been over 38 m/s! I would say that any initial speed over 35 m/s might be harmful for pneumatic spearguns - even in water.
If there were no spear in the gun then the speed of the piston (Cressi SL Star 70 at 30 bar) would have been about 200 m/s and all the energy, that would be normally delivered to the shaft, would be delivered to the piston, shock absorber and the muzzle - more than 200 J (147 foot pound).

If there were no spear in the gun then the speed of the piston (Cressi SL Star 70 at 30 bar) would have been about 200 m/s and all the energy, that would be normally delivered to the shaft, would be delivered to the piston, shock absorber and the muzzle - more than 200 J (147 foot pound).

The shot was in the water.
But there was no harpoon in the gun.
http://i-fotki.info/23/214142562696d7a9a635b5ca5c8f0ff558877d300250178.jpg.html
A very heavy piston makes "OMER"
Did a new piston:
http://i-fotki.info/23/fb39e450d2247790448486ddad6ae6d958877d300250347.jpg.html

Reactions: tromic
Сергей, I suppose that was for testing, it was intentionally?

Most importantly be aware that your Seac has a slightly different thread pitch from Mares and most others (don't have my notes here but for 13mm barrels I think it's M18x1.25 vs M18x1). You can get the Evo-Air in that size. Tomba (Marko) can make you a beautiful one. STC should make one but I can't remember if the salvimar Vuoto is out in that size yet. LGSub might have one, too.

Hi diving gecko

Thank you
Ah, don't know how I could forget. You can, of course, also get a custom one from Dima/UBL (Underwater Ballistics). One thing though, both UBL and Pelengas proprietary tail ends and sliders which might make the cost slightly higher. And getting spares might take longer. At the end of the day, perhaps Tomba could be the best choice.

Hi Diving gecko

Thank you how much do you know about the six kit?

The 1.0 version was very heavy (~109g for my hybrid) and the first version of shock absorber was not very solid.
The 2nd version is much better than the 1.0 : lighter (~67g), and the new shock absorber has a hard body: much more resistant than the first one.
On both kits, the kit seals are very rigid and require to load straight (and you have to use different seals, if you use different shaft diameters)

I can't add anything really to what Nico said:). I have only had one STC muzzle and it was the older version. It was for free/nude shaft and came with an old Mirage that I bought. I broke the shock absorber on it pretty fast, though. And yes, it felt heavy and long, too. Since that, I changed it out for the Vuoto for a slider shaft and later on for a muzzle from UBL.
I tend to think there are better options for the price (they used to be quite a bit more expensive than most other options). Unless they have come down in price I would personally consider a Tomba (or UBL) over an STC any day of the week.
It used to make me uneasy not to buy from the major producers but now, I'm smarter and it's almost the opposite:)

I can't add anything really to what Nico said:). I have only had one STC muzzle and it was the older version. It was for free/nude shaft and came with an old Mirage that I bought. I broke the shock absorber on it pretty fast, though. And yes, it felt heavy and long, too. Since that, I changed it out for the Vuoto for a slider shaft and later on for a muzzle from UBL.
I tend to think there are better options for the price (they used to be quite a bit more expensive than most other options). Unless they have come down in price I would personally consider a Tomba (or UBL) over an STC any day of the week.
It used to make me uneasy not to buy from the major producers but now, I'm smarter and it's almost the opposite:)

Hi Diving Gecko

Thank you for your reply.

I will consider the vuoto and the Tomba

Hi Diving Gecko

Thank you for your reply.

I will consider the vuoto and the Tomba

Be careful, bear in mind what Nico said above; it seems the Vuoto doesn't come with a thread that works for your Seac gun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT