• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vented ear plugs?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pinniped72

May 18, 2013
Hello all, a quick call to the collective wisdom and wealth of experience, does anyone use vented ear plugs and if so how did you find them? I had last week off and was in the water almost every day, after my last session which was surface swimming with fins, my hearing went and its just coming back now so I think its time for plugs, as I tend to be in the sea every weekend throughout the year so lots of cold water! This time I really thought I was gonna get swimmers ear but seemed to have dodged the bullet, no infection.......... thank God! Also I don't want to get surfers ear and all the hassle that brings! Many thanks for your time (y)

I used them for years and highly recommend them.
It's important you find the fitting size for your ears tho.
I measured mine with the clearest instructions I could find and luckily that was the right size!

They protect your head and ears not only from cold water, but also germs and debris.
Together with a hood, your head will feel much warmer than without plugs.
They also make equalizing a lot easier.

Reactions: Pinniped72
Yes, I've used the vented Doc's Pro plugs for a few years now. I know a number of free divers who use them.
Read this:
www.proplugs.com/media/SIMSICongress2006.doc
I find them to ease equalizing and keep water out of your ears, but you can still hear quite well with them, due to the vent.
I've used them down to 30m without any problems. I would check them out.

Reactions: Pinniped72
Fantastic, many thanks for the replies, for me personally it is now a no brainer, thanks again (y)

I also use them for about 3 year now, and the have helped me a lot, haven't got so muck ear problems. And same people can think the are like same other earplugs that don't let you dive deeper, but in my experience until -35 no problem. First days of use you can find a bit unconfortable but after you get use to them and i also guess the get softer.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT