• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

***VIDEO*** spearfishing SKYE scotland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Dude, I'm desperate to say something positive but seriously, that Coalfish at 2:42 has got to be what? 8 inches long...

That is beyond wrong.

me and my mate lobster fishing with my pot and spearfishing in skye

Hey man, I gotta say I really did like the video's but Bro is right I'm afraid those fish are a little small to show on an international forum like this.

The thing is people do not know where you are from and what type of fishing your area is like. Even is the fish you shot were good size for you area they are tiny in other area's so generally we try not to post pics or vids unless they are of a fairly decent size.

I'm sure you understand :)

But like I say, welcome to the forum, I really enjoyed the vids and the music and I hope that more on the forums start taking video's of their dives :)

Greigsy - No need for me to add to any of the above friendly advice but I feel I have to.As a Scottish Spearo it's pretty concerning to see this.

OK - It looks like you're eating the fish and that's fine but Spearing in many parts of Scotland is not well regarded as it is and this sort of footage is a very poor reflection of the sport to outside eyes. Ironically you were fishing in an area that holds some of the largest Pollock you could hope to encounter in the UK!

Also its good safety practice to remove your snorkel from your mouth when diving.

None of us are saying we've never shot an undersized fish accidentally but it's not something to be proud of or deliberately target them.

It would be very cool if you could take the vids off YouTube :)

Reactions: Jonny250
It would be very cool if you could take the vids off YouTube :)

I'll second that. If you could also remove the one on Vimeo of you shooting a beautiful little 6 inch lumpsucker, that would be great champ.

We don't people thinking that all spearo's do things like that.

Still up ! nice vid shame about fish possibly being small n gettin out with loaded gun could of been having a rest on a reef tho .great vis .

Reactions: DafyddRees
Still on YouTube - and one of them is giving me grief for suggesting they're shooting juvenile fish now.
Pratts.

Reactions: DafyddRees
Ah I saw this video a few days ago and was a little shocked at the minute coalie proudly displayed alongside the passable pollock.

At this time of year you will find some of the largest pollock come in shore to breed, now is your chance to take something worth being proud of instead of those tiny fry!

To reiterate, please remove it from YouTube.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT