• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vo2Max Supplement

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bite ya

Chris Holmes
Jun 24, 2008

Hi all, i am just about to start to try out Vo2Max as a supplement to my training, any comments, suggestions? Has anyone tried it or have opinions in its content?

VO2MAX increases oxygen uptake and ventilary break point, enabling the athlete to push harder for a longer period of time.
It also increases your body’s formation of ATP, which allows your muscles to work for longer periods without fatigue.
Furthermore, it buffers lactic acid, which forms around the muscles following moderate to intense exercise. Lactic acid hampers performance and is responsible for the soreness and stiffness experienced after physical activity.
Various bio available forms of iron have been added, as iron is essential to red blood cell formation and functioning. It is used in the of red blood cells, in order to transport oxygen from the lungs to the tissues and to export carbon dioxide back to the lungs. Furthermore, iron is an essential component of to store oxygen in muscle.

Supplement Facts
Folic Acid 400µg
Vitamin B12(Cyanocobalamin) 20µg
Monosodium phosphate and Di-sodium Phosphate 880mg of which Phosphorus 211mg
Vinburnine 20mg
Magnesium Orotate 350mg of which Magnesium 21mg
Ginseng (10:1 Extract) 200mg
White Willow Bark Extract (15% Salicylate) 150mg
Ferrous sulphate 33mg
Ferrous fumarate 33mg
Ferrous gluconate 33mg of which total elemental iron 21.5mg
Vitamin C 150mg
Theobromine 25mg

Funny thing is that I've been working with a trainer to possibly increase my VO2 max. It involves some crazy interval training on the treadmill and in the pool. If I can get this from a supplement, well it sure would make my free time alot easier.:)

Reactions: apneaboy
Hi tony I also do a lot of interval trainings with weights, jumps maybe I will start to add rope jump they are good for recreational free and spearfishing I don't do dynamics but I think it makes improvment but boost your metabolism for a day or 2, but my gues is that they can increase VO2 max by a certain amount

The manufacturer of the supplement could improve sales with a small usage table:

Single acute dosage predicted effects:

1 tablet : VO2 max increase 5%
5 tablets : VO2 max increase 25%
50 tablets : VO2 max increase 250%
500 tablets : VO2 max increase 2500%

As the 19th century British Empire would say, 'if ten men can do a good job, then a hundred men will do even ten times better.' If one tablet does a good job, then 500 tablets will do even 500 times better.

[JOKE]

Reactions: shoutatthesky
The manufacturer of the supplement could improve sales with a small usage table:

Single acute dosage predicted effects:

1 tablet : VO2 max increase 5%
5 tablets : VO2 max increase 25%
50 tablets : VO2 max increase 250%
500 tablets : VO2 max increase 2500%

As the 19th century British Empire would say, 'if ten men can do a good job, then a hundred men will do even ten times better.' If one tablet does a good job, then 500 tablets will do even 500 times better.

[JOKE]

rofl

I'll be doing a marathon in two months time, going for a WR.

How many tablets is that??

The real question Steve is whether the pills dissolve in pies...

There is fat pills for that too Benny, care to join me ;).

I can have as many Wigan kebabs* as i want now :)

(*Meat 'n potato pie on a barmcake with a stick through it rofl)

Reactions: BennyB
Thanks all for taking the subject matter so seriously, The tablets don't increase your Vo2 just act as a Ph buffer so you dont build so much latic acid up whilst in dynamic. You have to go through a 5 day loading phase prior to performance.

This means that taking 500 of them or 50 pies, or wigan kebabs is not required!

The main question was - is there anything in the ingredients that suggest it will work or maybe hamper performance?

Thanks for the Hi-Jack Apneaboy maybe you could sell some on stebay?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT