• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vote for Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tanya

Apr 5, 2002
Some of you may be aware that Tanya Streeter has been nominated for an award at The Sunday Times Sportswoman of the Year awards to be held in London next month. She is in very good company and there are some great names on the list. There is now a shortlist of 10 excellent sports ambassadors and Tanya is one of them. If you are able (and of course want to) please look at the link below and pick up the phone and vote for Tanya. Tell your friends, relatives etc. A vote for Tanya is a vote for freediving. (sounds like a USA politician's campaign )

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,7315,00.html

The number to call is 09013 800 805 and Tanya is 08.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

As far as I am concerned, Tanya's efforts rank up there with the best female sporting achievements of all time ! She should be given more recognition for this, and I am hoping that she will recieve more exposure from this event.

I went to the website and it seems that all the athletes on the list are from England. Is Tanya not being represented as an American for this award? I may be wrong but it seems that the Sunday Times promotes the list as exclusively for European athletes. I tried to find the link to look more closely at the other athletes on the list but could not find it. Can you please let us know how they made the selection for their list. Thanks, John

The list was put together from nominations by readers of the newspaper. I have looked at the list and do not recognise any of the other atheletes except one, who is a British marathon runner. No -one ever asked about nationality so I assume its international.

Paul

Thanks, they should give a link to background of the athletes and their accomplishments in their particular sport, it just makes it difficult to vote without knowing anything other than their names, well that and the fact it's an international call + a fee to vote.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT