• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wales, 2021

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
well it seems quiet round here lol but ill assume this thread will be the one we all hang around in this year re north wales looks like its been calm weather wise so its got to be the first dive of 2021 this Sunday for me,
probably be quiet fish wise until the water warms up a little in the months coming but hoping for them big early bass knocking about. The fish have had a covid break so im hoping there may be good numbers around this year. just cannot decide on a location / beach yet.
diving with my lad its his first time as i bought him a nice pathos laser pro for his birthday which im dying to have a go with but just cannot give up on the seatec gabbiano.
looks like theres a few new guys knocking around this year too which is cool as never really bump into any other spearos in north wales much.
ill keep you all posted on the conditions when i get down as looking to leave at the crack of dawn as expecting alot of traffic on the sunday first weekend out of lockdown wales etc
good luck everyone let the season begin......groovy
aloha

Reactions: denian
Conn, I went over this weekend and managed to sneak in for 30 minutes but couldn’t even sniff out a mullet! It was noticeably very cold! Will be over again this weekend with the family so will nip in for another short dive! I think the start of the season is very close to kicking off.

Had my first dive sat think your right to cool and a little early but ooh what fantastic conditions ! Fingers crossed for a bounty left by covid restrictions over last year or so.

Attachments

• IMG_5151.PNG
    IMG_5151.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_5155.PNG
    IMG_5155.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5165.PNG
    IMG_5165.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_5166.PNG
    IMG_5166.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_5171.PNG
    IMG_5171.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 242
Reactions: DafyddRees
Had my first dive sat think your right to cool and a little early but ooh what fantastic conditions ! Fingers crossed for a bounty left by covid restrictions over last year or so.

Attachments

• IMG_5169.PNG
    IMG_5169.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 271
Reactions: DafyddRees
A lovely day on the beach yesterday with the family, it’s still very early season so the roads are clear which is nice! Picked up two lobster after checking out a few well known holes whilst walking along the beach with the little ones in their inflatable boat. I would’ve put the smaller one back but annoyingly it dropped both of its claws and am very dubious to how long they survive with bilateral amputations... put the wetsuit on and nipped in on the high in the evening over a spot and caught a mullet and a bass in successive dives so was done for the day.

The water felt noticeably warmer today so hopefully the fish are here to stay. Looking forward to the end of May when we have the first proper dive planned!

Safe diving to all getting wet!

Last edited:
Well..... its been a while........ but might hop in soon...... good to see any of you out there.

Well..... its been a while........ but might hop in soon...... good to see any of you out there.
Hope to see you over weekend ! I'm still bobbing around .how green is the sea at mo?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT