• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Want to dive - where to find dive buddies

bertusg

Jun 20, 2021
I recently moved to Palm Beach county and just took a course - thought there would be more of a community here...how do I get connected to dive buddies & start practicing? I"ve googled, meetup, etc. but must be missing something. Is this generally a "club" oriented sport, or is pretty much a few buddies who have a boat and then disappear off on their own? How do you get connected to that?

Dragging my girl into it to watch me and make sure I don't black out will only last so long before she won't rescue me when I do.

The instructor offered for me to check in with him when they go on training dives which seems to be the predominant option available at the moment.

Much appreciated!

There are no scuba police to stop you and some people do dive alone. However, in scuba certification classes, one of the main scuba safety rules is to never dive alone. Always dive with a buddy. I live by this dive safety rule and never dive alone.
Wendys Survey

I recently moved to Palm Beach county and just took a course - thought there would be more of a community here...how do I get connected to dive buddies & start practicing? I"ve googled, meetup, etc. but must be missing something. Is this generally a "club" oriented sport, or is pretty much a few buddies who have a boat and then disappear off on their own? How do you get connected to that?

Dragging my girl into it to watch me and make sure I don't black out will only last so long before she won't rescue me when I do.

The instructor offered for me to check in with him when they go on training dives which seems to be the predominant option available at the moment.

Much appreciated!
Check Facebook! At least where I am up north, pretty much the whole Diving community is on Facebook

1. Ask your friends.
  2. Join a Dive Club.
  3. Go on a dive trip with your local PADI or NAUI Dive Centre.
  4. ScubaEarth®
  5. Sportside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Much appreciated!
Are you scuba diving or freediving?

When it comes to exploring cyberspace, one should grab a personal computer or shrewdly hold a good internet connection, and one should not try to join an alternative outfit of an organization to use rewards at the store. https://dqfnfedbacks.store/

Activate.llbeanmastercard.com - Your LLBean Mastercard is your pass to a world of rewards and convenience, but you must first activate your card in order to start enjoying its perks. You will be guided through the activation procedure on various devices with this in-depth guide.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT