• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wanted: Vacation Pictures to Impress Veteran Photo-Developers.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
mr sinkweight

you are talking about my neighborhood.

the place is called dahab. that's in egypt.

1. Someplace warm/hot with comfortable water temps for skin-diving.

may until december from 23 up to 28 celsius (water)

2. At least one person in-town who can squeak by as an english-speaker.

i can squeak by.

3. I'd like a place that seems prehistoric, preferably with lots of eroded earth and stone.

the mountains of the sinai are nothing else but earth and stone.

4. Little to no life. I don't mind critters on land, I'd like to just be alone in the water without being distracted or cautious of possible dangers. I deal with jellyfish/sharks or snakes/snapping turtles here in Texas.

no big, teethy distractions at all.

5. American-friendly (or at least feigns tolerance towards Americans). From what my friends in other countries tell me, I'm running out of options.

not all arabs are terrorists. not that us foreign policy is popular, but i never heard of any complaints by any westerner in the last 4 years of me staying there.

6. Definitely must be quiet for meditation.

walk out the back. quiet....quiet...quiet...

7. Not tourist-y. I'd rather shack up in a dung hut than stay at a hotel. Toilets are nice, though.

dahab is a bit of a backwards place in some respect. no big tousism, for sure. i can set you up with a choice of dung huts easily, if that's what you're after.

8. Clear water a must. I'm not that picky about salt/freshwater.

read sea, very salty. minimum visibility 20 m.

and for the 1000th cutomer today i throw in a special package: no currents, no boats, no jetskis, and for a beer i volunteer as a buddy.

for any further questions you are welcome to pm me.

cheers

roland

:cool:

Hey, thanks folks.

Everybody's suggestions sound terrific, so it's going to make it harder and harder to choose. :)

I'll do some research today.

You should check into some of the out islands in the Bahamas! I go to Eleuthra Island two or three times a year. Water warm and clear, reefs and coral heads right up to the beach teeming with life, secluded beaches. I rent a cabin there for 600$ for seven nights that is on a secluded beach where i have only seen three people so far this year and thats a total of three weeks! There is also a huge private island off the coast that the owners will take you to and drop you off for a week and you wont see a soul! I cant think of the name right now but i can find out for ya if interested?

Ooooh...yeah...if you could find out that island, that'd be very nice.

That sounds like a do-able trip. $600 for seven nights sounds pretty good for a secluded spot. Definitely on the trip list. Might even bring some "intimate company" with me. Haw-haw-hawwww.

You should bring company. My girlfriend and i run around naked the whole week it is so secluded, but even the popular beaches on Eleuthra won't have many people and there are no PRIVATE beaches. Meaning it is legal for you to go on any beach you see so you will have no problem finding privacy! As far as that private island, it was a bit more pricey but you can search the net and find out all that. I wrote the name of it in the back of my girlfriends journal and when she gets home this evening i will post it for ya.

Cool! Archer, my man!

I haven't been to the bahamas since I started skin diving when I was 8!

How come every time I run around naked I end up in pain - it's like smacking myself in the groin 20 times a minute. I'll never understand how the Greeks got through their Olympics...

How come every time I run around naked I end up in pain - it's like smacking myself in the groin 20 times a minute. I'll never understand how the Greeks got through their Olympics...

What, are you running through low cornfields or something? ha ha ha

I can understand the problem of "constant jingle-jangle" leading to some really sore orbs. I've never run around naked at full speed, but I'm sure typical wedding-tackle at full sprint would probably look like balloons tied to the antenna of a honeymoon limo streaking down the highway.

Wasn't Long Distance Groin-Smacking part of the original Greek Olympics anyway?

Attachments

• long distance smack.jpg
    long distance smack.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 165
LMAO...I didnt mean we "ran" around naked, we just "was" naked...lol. The name of the un-inhabited island is Bowe Cay. It would be nice. I think the island has some raised wall tents, a source of fresh water, fishing gear, and a radio for emergency contact. It might even have a generator and lights...i cant remember. Check it out, might be just what your looking for.

THAT'S AWESOME! THAT'S PERFECT! I'll have to wait till next year....plenty of time to sell my body for money....and that's just to buy lottery tickets for a vacation.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT