• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Warm Suits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Can anyone tell me what the warmest suit out there is. The water is getting cold and I hate the cold. Dont mind having to tie a boulder round my waist to dive under the surface.

Do those titanium linings really work as I have always believed that opencell suits stick better to the body allowing less water movement.

Thanx.

:( Thats me afer todays dive.

hi shaneshac

same i´m wondering myself. you´ll find some threads about that topic.

on www.eliossub.com there are some good descriptions on materials for example.

i still haven´t decided on what suit to buy, yet. but then again i´ll be in the red sea in a week or so and will spend the winter in thailand/malaysia.

my opinion is to choose waters of at least 27 degrees centigrade to have a warm and cozy diving experience.

regards

roland

:cool:

there ar a lot of threads on this matter on these forums.
The shortened version of most of opinions on the forum is that yamamoto open cell neoprene is the warmest wheter it is picasso omer or what ever.

Talk about cold... gibraltar is not cold, we have already had our first snow, luckily it melted but temperature has been below freezing every night for about a week now.
Biggest problem i find with the coldness is not the water but since the air is really cold it is tormenting to take of clothes in order to put on the wet suit. And when you are ready to go to water you are already cold.. :(

Tuomo

Happy diving Tuomo;) :p freezeing cold water...Now wiz no fish, what's for food..fish sticks, frozen cold..
It is +17C and sunny here in Exeter!! How I love the fact that even though it is not that warm here there are people who are in much colder places..:t

Too warm suit

Hi Shaneshac

I got my Picasso Comercial Termic 9mm today, the water was +10C, and it was too hot. So I think that is one of the warmest suit there is.

9mm suit

Mosy,

How do you like that suit so far otherwise? Can you move in it? How much weight do you need?

I have fallen in love with the Picasso 3mm suit that I picked up this summer. What has really sold me on it was my day of diving this past weekend. The temps are dropping around here so I decided to put on my thicker suit, an Esclapez 5.5mm, and dove all morning. I was warm enough, but not too warm. After lunch I went back in for a couple more hours of diving. I decided to put on a dry suit, even if it was thinner, because my other suit had more than just water in it- if you know what I mean.:eek:
So, I put on the 3mm Picasso and dove all afternoon. I was actually warmer in the 3mm than in the thicker suit. I also used a bit less lead.
The whole experience has me thinking about a new thicker Picasso suit for winter. I am not sure if I should go with a 5mm, 7mm, or 9mm. Then again, the 6.5mm Cressi-sub suit at DiveInn is dirt cheap compared to the Picasso. Decisions, decisions:confused:

Jon

Jon

It is very hard to slip in to 9mm neoprene, but it fits good once in I am in it. Movment is limited, but ok for diving.

With 10 kilo I do not sink when I exhale, but at 10 meter I sink pretty fast.

Think I will use this suit for scuba and buy a new 5mm tailor made for freediving. when I saved some money.

Mosy

Thanks,

I already have drysuits, thinsulate, argon and dry hood+gloves for scuba.
It sounds like a 5mm would be warm enough.
Has anyone done any head-to-head tests on the cressi super-comp vs. a picasso? Just curious.

Jon

Jon,

I haven't done a head to head with my cresci super comp and a picasso, but I can tell you that the super comp has been extremely reliable.

I dive in mountain lakes, temperature this time of year is 4 to 8 degrees celcius. I'm able to stay in the water for upwards of an hour with my supercomp. Normally my fingers and toes force me to get out!

Comfort and fit have been ideal for me, and the price at divein can't be beat.

my 2 cents

James

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT